November 22, 2017, 08:22:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM and Sirius Work on Agreement  (Read 735 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 31, 2005, 03:42:14 PM »

For those concerned about not getting NASCAR on XM after 2006, here's a news item I just saw on another forum that sounds interesting.  Unfortunately, it would mean purchasing new equipment.  I'm not interested in spending any more money, but it might be something Michael (Alfers) would be interested in:

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=40363

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 08:36:48 PM »

Interesting, Cheryl. Price would be important to me, and the ability to get Nascar would only play a minor role.
 It makes a certain amount of sense to me that they should become more compatible. Time wil tell.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Interesting, Cheryl. Price would be important to me, and the ability to get Nascar would only play a minor role.
 It makes a certain amount of sense to me that they should become more compatible. Time wil tell.

I was actually surprised to hear they were working on something like that.  Since with satellite TV, Dish and DirecTV subscribers have to buy different equipment.  But what would turn me off to this is you'd have to SUBSCRIBE to both XM and Sirius to get the different programming.  I'm sure not willing to do that.  I like the music channels on XM so much and never hear anything good about Sirius.  I wouldn't pay a second provider JUST to get NASCAR (as annoying as TV can be at times).  Now if you wanted to keep your old equipment, buy a "converter" for a nominal price, then switch to the other provider, I guess it would make sense.  Personally I'm just not interested in leaving XM...  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 11:41:29 PM »

I'm not interested in switching either, Cheryl, but if the deal was right, well, you know, I could be pursuaded.  Cheesy
  I agree, however, that for what I listen to other than Nascar, XM rules for me.
Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 03:15:57 AM »

That link goes to a discussion that is 3 years old. I wonder if anything happened since then?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 01:22:54 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
That link goes to a discussion that is 3 years old. I wonder if anything happened since then?

This link that I posted yesterday???

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=40363

It was posted on the dbstalk.com forum yesterday by the moderator.  I just checked it again.  Not sure what you are talking about.  It shows when he joined the forum as 2002, maybe that's the date you saw.  But on my browser, it says "posted yesterday at 6:01 am."

Cheryl
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 12:52:47 AM »

Oops  :shock:  Sorry :oops:

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: