November 20, 2017, 06:55:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch from Nashville  (Read 789 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 27, 2005, 01:39:18 AM »

I was happy to see them use the traditional triple split screen on pit stops with the view of the entire pit road on the right side of the screen.  This gives such a better perspective of where everyone comes out.  Also, for Sally, they had the stopwatches for the three teams they featured.

Other than that, WAY too many commercials, especially within 25 laps to go.  I've been sick of that Craftsman commercial with the race team members and the "vitamin" for over two weeks.  They had to show them every single break.  BARF!  Listened to MRN much of the race because TV was on commercial so often.

I didn't say "race" in my subject, but that topic is under "race talk."

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 12:56:28 PM »

Not exactly a barn burner, was it?  I think some is this is the unintended consequence of the new rules and the impound.  If you're lucky enough to hit the setup, you run away from the field.  I think that is also why you see even more Cup drivers running in the Busch races.

Sally
Smallblock bored
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 12:36:40 AM »

Tossing all the actual commercial time out, the time that was spent racing was good. Two contrasting elements that I have noticed going back a bit in time is this:
1) The thunder and crackle of the cars is way more pronounced at all Busch race coverages than Cup.Ever notice you can't here squat for engines in Cup. Sometimes it has an high hissy thorn in my ear sound....EEEVen
2) The race coverage is on the race, no stupid cracks about things not involved in the race itself. If it were the cup guys you would have your plate full of Nashville this and Nashville that almost to the point of having Elvis impersonate DW.Hey no DW............also!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 01:37:37 PM »

I agree the "no-fluff" coverage of the standalone Busch events is always much better.  Just too many commercials on FX (and TNT) broadcasts, so I guess it is a tradeoff.  

Steve Byrnes did a good job as anchor, but Larry was a bit too manic for me at times.  Same with Jeff in the pits.  When I'd switch over to MRN, I remarked to Lou that the radio guys were such a relief to hear because they were so much calmer.  As I always say, I don't need the TV guys to interject artificial excitement into a boring race.  But obviously, they think they have to do that to keep the short-attention spans tuned in.  For me, it just makes me want to listen to the radio instead.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:32:18 PM »

Then again, WINFUEL was the presenting sponsor for the telecast on FX, so what else should you expect?

By the way, the product slogan should be, "It's all about hype."  I haven't taken the vitamins, but I bet it's the same thing that you would find in One-a-Day or Centrum.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 09:44:19 PM »

Way too many commercials but the actual coverage while we were being shown the racing part of the show was good.  Their approach is so much better than FOX.

I really got tired of seeing the Winfuel commercial.  Desmond wrote:

By the way, the product slogan should be, "It's all about hype." I haven't taken the vitamins, but I bet it's the same thing that you would find in One-a-Day or Centrum.

There is probably more natural ingredients in this one than one a day or centrum.  But then again, things only need one little minut cnage or additive to make them different?  :?

Smallblock wrote:

1) The thunder and crackle of the cars is way more pronounced at all Busch race coverages than Cup.Ever notice you can't here squat for engines in Cup. Sometimes it has an high hissy thorn in my ear sound....EEEVen
2) The race coverage is on the race, no stupid cracks about things not involved in the race itself. If it were the cup guys you would have your plate full of Nashville this and Nashville that almost to the point of having Elvis impersonate DW.Hey no DW............also!

Great points.  Wish I had thought of that!   :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: