November 19, 2017, 07:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Baby Brian and the NFL...redux  (Read 826 times)
sally
« on: March 26, 2005, 09:42:11 PM »

The rumors are back again.  This time the rumoer olso says that Baby Brian's siblings want to buy out his interest in Nascar...after the new TV package is negotiated.  Perhaps he can drag down the NFL as effectively as he has racing.  That could even up the ratings, no?

Please, Lord, send Brian France to the NFL...or the NBA (also rumored), just keep him far away from Nascar!!!!
 :roll:

Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 02:26:41 AM »

I thought the rumor was he wanted to own a team, maybe bring one to Los Angeles.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 05:27:35 PM »

Brian, that is indeed the rumor.  The news is that Magic Johnson, the basketball great and co-chair of NASCAR's steering committee on diversity, would also own part of the team.

Some obstacles remain.  The NFL must still decide if the new team will indeed be an expansion team, or whether they will allow someone else to move his team to L.A.  Also, the league must choose between four possible sites for a new stadium, because no current venue in the area fits its demands.

If Brian France leaves, who do you think should lead NASCAR?  Laidback Racing has suggested some candidates, including A.J. Foyt, Roger Penske, and Junior Johnson.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 09:34:39 PM »

Desmond wrote:

If Brian France leaves, who do you think should lead NASCAR?

If they put DW in charge then we would not see any change so maybe that is the way they should go.  :twisted:
sally
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2005, 01:28:40 AM »

The rumor is that Jim France and Leeza France Kennedy want to buy Baby Brian out.  If one of them doesn't take over, I imagine Mike Helton would be the prime candidate.  And not a bad choice.

sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2005, 03:37:43 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
If Brian France leaves, who do you think should lead NASCAR?  Laidback Racing has suggested some candidates, including A.J. Foyt, Roger Penske, and Junior Johnson.

Hmmm. Penske would be no better than France and Junior is retired and happy do what he is doing. I think AJ would send Nascar back to its glory days. Heck, maybe to far back. Wouldn't a dirt track race be nice?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2005, 07:58:22 PM »

Mike Helton would be more of a candidate to play santa claus. :lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: