November 21, 2017, 01:18:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carl Edwards  (Read 884 times)
17RoushFan
Veteran

« on: March 21, 2005, 12:33:24 AM »

Wow! What a race! Carl Edwards becomes the 1st driver to sweep the Busch and Cup events in Atlanta. Carl's backflip reminds me of Ozzie Smith's personality, with those somersaults for the Cardinals.

tuned in to watch some commercials, but when they went to break, i saw a nascar race!
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 07:53:12 PM »

What was the score from the French figure-skating judge? :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:03:29 PM »

Quote from: "17RoushFan"
Wow! What a race! Carl Edwards becomes the 1st driver to sweep the Busch and Cup events in Atlanta.

What an ending!  I didn't believe he would catch up to Jimmie in the last few laps.  Especially after he got sideways that one time and lost some ground.  The fact he collected himself and cooled his tires shows he has a great head on his shoulders besides being such an enthusiatic young guy.  And this from someone who generally doesn't like Ford drivers or Roush teams, but Carl transends all that in my book.  

Not only did Carl win the Busch and Cup race back to back in the same weekend, I'm wondering if any driver ever won their first Busch and first Cup race in the same weekend?  We were at a club watching the race, and the band was rehearshing so I didn't hear much of the post-race by TV.  Just wondered if they mentioned this?  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 11:38:26 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
What was the score from the French figure-skating j    udge? :lol:

A 5.5 for artistic interpretation, and a 10 for plain, old fashioned joy and enthusiasm! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 02:22:43 AM »

I only watched the last 20 laps of the race.  I was really cheering Carl on and my poor little doggie was looking at me as if I had lost my mind.  It was good to see someone like him win.  He is not so full of himself and he was thanking everyone on his terms which was just great, imo.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 10:51:21 PM »

Cheryl, Carl Edwards is believed to be the first to win both his first Busch Series race and his first Nextel Cup Series race on the same weekend.

By the way, I am dismayed by the apparent lack of support from his Roush Racing teammate.  Mark Martin says nothing and Greg Biffle calls it the "worst day of his life."  Why did Biffle whine like that?  Because his crew chief asked Edwards' crew chief to let Biffle pass Edwards--and the request was declined?

Yes, the mood at Roush is happy, but the "Cat in the Hat" still has a P.R. problem to resolve.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: