November 19, 2017, 05:56:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question for desmond?  (Read 1085 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: March 15, 2005, 09:26:43 PM »

Hi desmond did you know robin leach or whatever his name was was at wrestlemania 4.

Wasn't he at the race in vegas last week?

In the first 7 wrestlemanias if i remember right didn't they rely heavily on celebrities being there to help with the show?

These are just some of the celebs that were at wrestlemania in the first few years donald trump robin leach elvira and a bunch of others including a lot of football players and a few other actors and celebs i think i just can't remember all.

I do remember at wrestlemania 11 football player lawrence taylor facing bam bam bigalow and winning that match.

Although i know that match was scripted and hokey though.

If i remember right or at least i think it is wasn't wrestlemania 11  1 of the worst wrestlemanias ever.

Wasn't that pam anderson there too i was reading on a message board somewhere that she didn't want to be there or at the 95 royal rumble and i heard other stories too.

I think personally if she didn't want to be there she should have never agreed or signed up to be there or whatever.

I also heard shawn michaels was touching or messing around with pam anderson and that he and pam's ex tommy lee and shawn almost got into a fight with 1 another.

That's just rumors though not sure if any of it is true and if it is true it all happened behind the scenes and off camera.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 05:44:37 PM »

Yes, Robin Leach was at WrestleMania 4.  That was held in Atlantic City, NJ in 1988.  It was the first of two straight held in the Boardwalk Hall, both hosted by the current Apprentice host, Donald Trump.

For years, WrestleMania booked a lot of celebrities.  In addition to the ones you mentioned, there were Muhammad Ali, Willie Nelson, Aretha Franklin, Alice Cooper, Regis Philbin, Mary Hart, Bob Uecker, and Tommy Lasorda.

In recent years, the WWE has stopped booking them because, in their judgment, the wrestlers--oops, "sports entertainment superstars"--have become celebrities in their own right.  (Examples: the Rock and Triple-H as movie stars).  No outside celebrities are scheduled for any roles at WrestleMania 21, April 3 in Los Angeles.

P.S. If Morgan Shepherd was really "Racing with Hay-Soos," as Leach said he was, would he be charged with smuggling aliens across the border? :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 09:45:21 PM »

Didn't gorilla monsoon say something about aretha franklin or make fun of her or her singing or was he just messing around?

Also vanna white was at wrestlemania 4 as well as uecker.

Regis was at wrestlemania 7 regis has had a lot of wrestlers on his show including his buddy hulk hogan Diamond Dallas Page Randy savage Kevin Nash Lex Luger and others have been on the show?

Desmond did you know lex luger and miss elizabeth were actually dating each other - they were a couple when she died i think she died because of drugs or something.

Speaking of luger i saw a couple of mugshots of him i think his hair isn't as long as it was at 1 time i think he had it trimmed.

I heard that he wrestled once in nwa tna in 2003 i think it was?

1 more thing didn't aretha franklin sing the national anthem at wrestlemania 3 i heard she didn't do a good job.

Wrestlemania 3 that's where andre faced hogan and steamboat faced savage.

1 more fact for you desmond wrestlemania 3 was not the first time hogan and andre faced each other in a singles match.

I think hogan and andre faced each other in a singles match in 1980 in new york at shea stadium i think.

Andre beat hogan at the 8 minute mark in the match but hogan had his foot on the rope.

I heard hogan did that on purpose i heard he was supposed to lose that match clean to andre but us wrestling fans all know about hogan's huge ego.

We all know he is an egomaniac.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 05:05:06 PM »

Bryan, what happened to Miss Elizabeth was very sad.  I still think that she was the most beautiful and beguiling woman in WWF/WWE history.  Everyone of the current "divas" must thank Liz publicly for helping to advance their careers.

It's interesting that you mentioned the Hogan/Andre match in 1980.  I was shocked to read about it somewhere else, as the then-WWF billed the meeting as "the first time ever" or words to that effect.

Owner Vince McMahon also never said on the air that Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo were brothers.  I think Poffo got the biggest shaft of anyone in WWF/WWE.  He deserved much better than to be a "jobber," especially as his "macho" brother played Jeff Gordon to Hulk Hogan (Dale Earnhardt) throughout much of the 1980s.

To his credit, McMahon no longer tries to whitewash history.  But, of course, now Brian France is.  What a guy to learn from!  :x

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 09:18:12 PM »

Hi desmond have you seen what lanny looks like now he's all muscular now.

I saw him recently on some infomercial late at night i think his hair is shirt and he does not have the mustache anymore.

He is built or ripped i think the infomercial he was on had something to do with an exercise machine.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 06:36:25 PM »

The product is called the Gazelle.  The spokesman is Tony Little.

Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 11:05:30 PM »

Desmond i said his hair is shirt i meant short i must've been typing a little too fast i feel a little embarrassed :oops:  Smiley  :lol:
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 11:16:37 PM »

Did you see on raw the other night where randy orton beat up jake roberts it made me sick to see orton beat up on an old man who could barely move that's due to drugs and alcohol jake did a lot of those unfortuanately and he may still do em from rumors i heard.

Also i think part of the reason jake looked slow and terrible is also from all the wrestling wars he was in.

Jake could barely carry that snake.

I remember back in 1995 wcw did something similar with ric flair arn anderson and randy savage's dad where flair slapped the figure four on him.

It always makes me sick to see someone beat up a guy who can't defend himself or can barely move.

I always hate when wrestling does these angles too me they seem tasteless.

In a way it made me feel pity or sympathy for jake i'm sure he wouldn't want it but then again in a way i find it hard to feel anything for jake cause what he did he did to himself by constantly drinking and doing drugs.

I think if it wasn't for the boos and drugs he wouldn't be in as bad a shape as he is in.

I heard them mention wrestlemania 8 where jake lost to the undertaker jake was released from the company shortly thereafter by vince since jake on 1 of the drugtests  they used showed he used cocaine.

They had to take their drugtests seriously back then because of the drugscandle that started in 91 and went all the way through 94 a lot of guys got caught busted or fired from 91 through 94 cause of it.

That was a period vince took the drugtests seriously if i remember right wasn't vince on trial at 1 point over the steroid and drug scandle?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 11:18:34 PM »

Hi desmond anothere question for you have you ever watched any wrestling besides wwf now called wwe?

Did you ever watch wcw - the national wrestling alliance?

Did you ever watch ecw?

Have you ever watched any wrestling from outside the united states like in japan or other countries?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2005, 08:01:21 PM »

I watched WCW almost as faithfully as the WWF throughout the 1990s.  I still admire how aggressively they went after talent, and how they managed to grab the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Kevin Hall and Scott Nash.

WCW might still be around today if Eric Bischoff had not overspent on talent, delivered stale matches, and over-emphasized gimmicks at a time that the then-WWF was responding with "attitude" and building new stars.

I didn't watch ECW, but I have heard of its reputation.  Every time you see hell in a cell or tables/ladders/chairs, thank ECW because it had WWF/WWE raise the bar for aggressive matches.

I have also not seen any Japanese wrestling, and only a little Mexican wrestling years ago.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: