November 19, 2017, 03:30:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people think of the cup drivers in the truck series?  (Read 618 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: March 15, 2005, 08:40:13 PM »

I was just curious what people thought of cup drivers racing in the truck series?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 09:16:51 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
I was just curious what people thought of cup drivers racing in the truck series?

I don't have that much trouble with guys like Hamilton, Benson, Bodine, and Musgrave who have lost their Cup rides.  I DO have a big problem with folks like Stewart, Harvick, and others who aren't running their fulltime.  They're just taking spots away from guys trying to get into NASCAR and points and purse money away from those trying to make a career out of the truck series.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 10:20:46 PM »

Sorry I can't agree with Cheryl on the drivers who lost their Cup rides.  They had the experience of Cup so to me they are invaders just like the other ones she mentioned.  They are now considered regulars, but why are they there?  IMO, they were not good enough to stay in Cup whether it was by their driving or their p.r. abilities and age. Keep in mind I am speaking of Hamilton, Musgrave, Benson & Bodine.  As far as the other invaders, I guess they have their reasons which is probably a combination of the fun, $$$, something to do during off time, and possibly preparing for the day they will become a truck owner.  I also think that many of them seriously think their fans want them there.

Question is:  Do pro football or baseball players go back to the minors at the end of their career?  Where do golfers afterwards?
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 02:30:02 AM »

Some baseball players have gone back to the minors after their stay at the big league. The golfers have the PGA Senior tour. The truck series has been called the senior tour, although not by Nascar.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 10:47:30 PM »

I dunno, Vivian. I don't think that the truck series has to be a developement series all the time. I hope that Ricky Craven, for instance, gets a Cup ride again, and if Mark wants to run some truck races next year just for fun, I have no problem with that. Hamilton SR, Musgrave and Benson are probably done as far as Cup careers are concerned, so why not race the trucks?
 For some reason, I would rather the old dudes race the trucks than in Busch, which really should be the primary developement series.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: