November 20, 2017, 08:32:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone ever thought about calling the busch series this?  (Read 721 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: March 15, 2005, 08:38:33 PM »

I recently started calling the busch series mini cup because that's basically what it is because most of if not a quarter of or half of the cup drivers are in it so it is basically a cup race.

Why is the reason why cup drivers are in the busch races too boost crowd attendance or to help with the setup of their cup car or to make the purse for bgn races bigger or all three?

I think i remember cheryl telling me  1 of the reasons the busch series races at the big tracks with cup is for weekend ticket packages i think not sure but i think that is what cheryl said.

I thought i had something else to say or add to this but my mind went blank on me if i remember what i was going to say i'll come back and post it on the board later.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 10:26:22 PM »

If Busch is mini cup, then trucks must be mini cup ll.   :twisted:

Cup drivers are taking over both series now.  Let's just run them all together like they do the 24 hours of Daytona then they could really cut down on expenses since the drivers would have to choose.   :twisted:
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 12:16:14 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
If Busch is mini cup, then trucks must be mini cup ll.   :twisted:

Vivian, I know that was not meant to be funny, but Austin Powers and Mini Me just popped into my head.

Don't forget about ARCA and even the Hooters Pro Cup now with Rusty's son and the guy driving for Dale Jr.  It's all a trickle down effect now.  Not to mention the young fellow that drives for Hendrick in some kind of Late Model series.  I think his name is Chase, maybe??  The owners will be looking into tricycle races next.  If they can find the talent, the owners will put the drivers anywhere they can gain experience.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 02:39:28 AM »

I don't think Cup drivers are taking over the truck series. These are racers who got booted from Cup (or Busch) for some pretty boy driver. Or they are guys like Mark Martin will be in a few years, racers with a need for speed who do not want the grind of the Cup series, but still want to get behind the wheel ( Mark supposedly will run occasional truck races). They gain no experiance for Sundays race like Cup drivers in Busch. They are not running partial schedules in Busch, splitting a ride with a younger driver so owner points can be earned towords the owners point champion. They are guys who want to race.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:25:53 PM »

John,

That is 15-year-old Chase Austin from Kansas.  The mixed-race driver has already been profiled on NASCAR Nation.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 09:43:28 PM »

Brian, you made some excellent points.  I will re-think my analysis of those drivers.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: