November 17, 2017, 11:59:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture for Vivian  (Read 846 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: March 11, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

Here is a picture that Vivian wanted posted here. Ok Vivian, take it away with an explanation :-)

Vivian
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 09:22:48 PM »

Thanks Lou!   Smiley

This is one of the tunnels used in the Cadillac commercial I talked about that was shown during the Super Bowl.  It is about 12 miles from where I live on the highway to the coast.  Remember the one I said that was supposed to look like it was being shot out of a gun and had the bang and clink clank noise at the end?  Well, I said I would post a picture but couldn't figure it out, so Lou did it for me.

Here's to Lou, the King of picture posters!!!
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 09:31:10 PM »

I didn't see the commercial, but that is a neat looking tunnel.  We do not have tunnels where I live so that looks interesting to me.  It reminds me of those old cartoons about some character that walks or drives into a tunnel only to come firing out because a train or truck is hot on their heels.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 05:13:25 PM »

UUHHH, Vivian, my friend. That doesn't look much like a Caddy to me! Tongue

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2005, 10:32:49 PM »

Doesn't look like a shotgun barrel either!  :wink:
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2005, 11:31:24 PM »

OK, I guess I'm missing something here. What is the thing which appears to be coming out of the tunnel supposed to be, and what does it have to do with a Caddillac commercial? (looks like a ship, sort of, in my picture).

William James
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:31:38 AM »

Dick, nothing is coming out of this tunnel now.  In the commercial that was shown during the Super Bowl, they used 3 tunnels and used a spinning motion to 'shoot' the caddi forward and with all the lights and spin details, it was supposed to give the impression the car was spinning through the barrel of a shotgun.  At the end of the commercial, someone said "Bang" and then there was a clink-clank noise like an empty shell hitting the asphalt.  Since part of the commercial was filmed near my home I thought I would take a picture of it and post it.  That's all....just sharing part of my country and it's beauty.
Roberta
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 03:57:51 AM »

Sorry, Vivian. I think that bonehead hubby of mine needs new glasses. :lol:

he old Hotrodders far better half
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2005, 04:53:39 PM »

Quote from: "Roberta"
Sorry, Vivian. I think that bonehead hubby of mine needs new glasses. :lol:

Hahahaha!  That's a good one, Roberta!  I actually sent mine to the eye doctor yesterday for his first glasses.  But seriously, in Dick's defense, when I first viewed the picture it took me a minute to figure out what was the tunnel.  It just sort of materializes out of the trees, which is kind of neat.   Smiley

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2005, 05:04:21 PM »

Yeah, real funny, Roberta. It must be some kind of mirage or sumpin' like that.  :lol: I now see that the tunnel is lit up and what I thought was an object is really the inside of the tunnel. Sorry, Vivian. :oops:

William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: