November 23, 2017, 05:21:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penalities and such  (Read 565 times)
Vivian
« on: March 14, 2005, 11:17:18 PM »

Well, another weekend and another batch of people facing penalities.  After careful consideration, I have come up with what I would do in these instances if I were in charge of Nascar.

Kevin (although he is one of my favorites) and his crew would have been sent home from the track and not allowed to race after that infraction.  That is the only way to possibly stop this type of cheating and set an example to others who may be thinking of trying something.

Both Jimmy Johnson and Kyle Busch would have no points for the day and be listed as did not qualifiy to finish the race since they were found to be illegal.  Jimmy would not keep the win and 3rd place would then be proclaimed the winner of the race.  Then I would still take 50 points away from them for those infractions and fine them $50,000 each and take 100 points away from the car owner.  I would also fine the car owner $75,000 to $100,000 and maybe that would help control that situation.

I would not look at the next infractions in the same way.  I would assess each one as they happen by taking more points awary and fining more $$$ and even have themsit out at certain tracks.  I would not use the previous one as a precedent and would definitely increase the penalities each and every time.  Sooner or later, someone would  have to 'get it' and not try some of those things any more.  I think I would also start a 3 strikes and you're out club for the complete team and owner.

Mean? Maybe.  Logical? Does it matter?  Will it straighten them out?  No, but it would set an impression and they would think hard about trying anything in the future.

JMHO
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 11:27:46 PM »

Vivian, were the 48 and 5 car infractions intentional? (I really don't know, that's why I'm asking).

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 02:25:47 AM »

Don't know but it appears odd that they could manuever better and had so much more speed than anyone else.  So I am inclined to think they did kind of stretch (?) the rules a bit and just got caught.  I know JJ is a good driver but I keep thinking of year before last when we went through the strong insinuations that some teams had traction control and what would happen if they got caught and shortly thereafter, JJ didn't seem to handle as well.  I guess I think they were fudging - deliberately.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:49:20 PM »

I agree with Vivian on what should happen to Kevin Harvick, his crew, and his car owner, but not about what should happen to Jimmie Johnson or Kyle Busch.  The Hendrick cars were caught in a honest mistake, not unlike the blatant violation with the 29 car.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:00:10 PM »

Vivian, Kevin is one of my least favorites, so I won't comment.
I do know that other cars have been penalized for being too low or something like that. But how can you expect them to race 400 or 500 miles and maintain the height within a fraction of an inch? Seems to me that some reasonable varience should be allowed. And, as you prob. know, the Hendrick cars aren't my favorites either! Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
sally
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 06:42:55 PM »

I just look at it this way...out of the top 5 cars, 2 from the Hendrick garage were too low.  The other 3 weren't.  What does that tell you?

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 07:04:59 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
I just look at it this way...out of the top 5 cars, 2 from the Hendrick garage were too low.  The other 3 weren't.  What does that tell you?

Kurt Busch, Jeff Gordon, and whoever else finished in the top five didn't drive their cars as hard as Johnson and Kyle Busch did?Huh?   :wink:

But seriously, just saw this on thatsracin.com:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/11141790.htm

All drivers from last weekend penalized 25 points and crew chiefs suspended.  48 and 5 crew chiefs for two races, but 29 crew chief for 4 races.  Guess that'll teach him to brag so much.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: