November 18, 2017, 07:23:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Insult to Injury  (Read 733 times)
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« on: March 14, 2005, 09:21:11 PM »

Tossing another log onto the fire of conspiracy theories, how is it possible that Earnhardt Jr. was credited with finishing one spot higher than Brian Vickers? Both are listed as completing 11 laps and it was obvious even to a blind man that the 8 car was behind the 25 car. Did the 8 car get the spot because his wrecked car slid 30 feet further into turn 1 than did the 25 car?

Any ideas?

Lou

John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

At the time the caution lights came on .... ?  Jr. had already tapped (hamered, slamed, drove) Vickers toward the infield, but when Vickers came back up the banking and hit Jr. on the driver's side door, Jr. was ahead of him from that point on.  Maybe?  I'm trying to picture the replays in my mind and that's the way I recall it.  But that still doesn't say the exact point when the caution came out, so I think the answer to your question lies there.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2005, 01:10:59 AM »

Well what really confounded me was that the ticker showed Rudd as 43rd right after the wreck.  That made absolutely no sense to me since Fox told us he managed to drive his car away from the wreck.  While the 8 and 25 were taken away on rollbacks.  Probably just a case of the ticker not being correct (which I'm finding is true much of the time lately).  After the restart, I think he was shown a little higher in the standings (but while he was still off the track).

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2005, 05:50:39 PM »

I guess those scoring loops didn't exactly work. :oops:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 06:40:57 PM »

WHAT!!!  The scoring loops may not be functioning properly?  Horrors!  Too bad they aren't painted right there on the tracks where we can all see them, isn't it?

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 07:15:31 PM »

No, I think it has more to do with the Fox "ticker" not cycling around quick enough.  NOT that I want it any faster, I just want accurate information and would prefer it on an on-screen graphic like ESPN used to do.  That way, they can correct it more quickly IMHO.  Speaking of tickers being too fast, did anyone notice how horribly fast the ticker was on the Hooters race Saturday night?  I'm surprised Sally hasn't commented on that.  Didn't you have an issue with the speed of NBC's ticker last year?  I can't remember if you wanted it faster or slower though.  All I know is that one on Speed Saturday night was crossing the screen about as fast as it took the cars to circle the 3/4 mile at Lakeland.   :shock:   Made me so nervous, I had to turn the TV off!  It was totally distracting from the racing action.  Speed Channel will hear about that from Lou and I.  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2005, 01:06:56 AM »

I did notice, Cheryl...how could you miss it?  It made me so dizzy I gave up trying to see where anyone was running.  They would have been better off without it at all!

sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2005, 05:31:45 PM »

Who operated that ticker anyway?  John Moschitta? :lol:

By the way, FedEx should find him and bring him back!

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: