November 18, 2017, 04:54:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: let me borrow the tv spot for the written word, please.  (Read 977 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: March 14, 2005, 04:09:35 AM »

Here's a line from a site that shows just what it takes to be in the world of the written word. Let's face it the internet is a horse minus the S for anyone who thinks they can write. I'm a big fan of the chance to show your stuff, and have even gone as far as writing things that are so far gone and wrong just to pull peoples chains for a laugh that I now consider myself an award winning HACK. It all starts for some by using the word but instead of however. But in the long run you end up in a forgotten pile of never was. See what I ,mean? However our ignorance never being a forgivable attribute when it comes to racing, folks up here in "Stick in the Fork" New York, can hardly get out of our own way when it comes to recalling facts. Which in turn would undermine anything that I would have to say since I am a flag waving stay at home dad that loves snow, poverty, and fishing for food. What does that say about my racing knowledge of even anything up to this point so far? Nothing. But here is a line from a guy (hold on let me make sure it's a guy) Yea, David Poole well anyway I used to write a thing that was kind of a lets see who can figure it out class type thing. To be more to the point, whats wrong with this. HINT: Read up on what Larry Mac and others say about Areo wants and dislikes.

On one pit stop, NASCAR officials ordered Johnson's crew to push one of his rear fenders back in, but that didn't seem to slow him down perceptibly.

I see this as a thing that NASCAR wants no metal hanging in the way of tires (on other cars) What say you class. Iknow i'm nit picking but it goes against all.ooops almost gave it away.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2005, 02:40:48 PM »

Quote from: "Smallblock bored"

On one pit stop, NASCAR officials ordered Johnson's crew to push one of his rear fenders back in, but that didn't seem to slow him down perceptibly.

I see this as a thing that NASCAR wants no metal hanging in the way of tires (on other cars) What say you class. Iknow i'm nit picking but it goes against all.ooops almost gave it away.

I guess NASCAR believes it makes a difference because I remember them instructing Ray Evernham to push in the fender on Gordon's car several years ago at Dover (approx. 96-97) for the same type issue.  As I remember, Ray pretty much cussed out Gary Nelson on the scanner afterwards though.   Guess Chad Knauss learned this kind of trick from working with Ray.   :wink:

Cheryl
Smallblock bored
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2005, 03:42:48 PM »

The fender on Gordon's car was the front I believe (if it is the same instance)  I recall the attempt to be a fabrication of the actual act and Gordon had to return to pit road for it to be done correct, however this was a rear fender on Jimmys' car and as I recall Larry Mac wrote a great piece on the areo stuff such as greenhouse angles and such but it is a big big no-no to have any thing catching wind behind the rear tires. He made great comments on such things that not many race fans are aware of such as the radius of the wheel well steel being very important on the front fender behind the wheel. Sharper or shorter radius' at some tracks while wide or longer on others. This should not be confused with the wheel "opening" but rather the bend in the steel that forms the opening. As well as sharp corners at the base and a suttle swoop on other tracks. Just another reason or evidence to support the fact that Larry Mac should be at the track on a box and not in one.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 09:03:27 PM »

The piece of fender in question on Jimmie's car was at the bottom of the area IN FRONT of the left rear tire. Just inches past the exhaust ports. It is my belief that the extending piece of sharp fender posed more of a danger in cutting opposing teams tires rather than adding any aerodynamic benefit to the #48 car.

However, I could be wrong.

But, don't you find it ironic that the Lowe's car was aptly named considering it's post-race inspection violation.

Lou "I'm not a real writer, I only play one on the Internet" Lauer

sally
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 01:20:05 AM »

Good pun, Lou!

Question:  Do you think there should be a difference in penalties for violations found AFTER the race, as opposed to those found BEFORE the race?

Sally
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 01:47:20 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
Question:  Do you think there should be a difference in penalties for violations found AFTER the race, as opposed to those found BEFORE the race?

Absolutely! One caught AFTER a race should receive a very severe penalty because the advantage you may have gained from the rules infraction could have helped advance your finishing spot or helped you to win!

A violation caught before the race should be penalized, but it's impact in the actual race was mitigated.

Lou "Lawyer in training" Lauer

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 02:45:10 AM »

On another post I talked about penalities.  I personally don't think they deserve to race if they cheat before quals.  Penalities really need to be much stiffer with more $$$.

JMHO
Smallblock bored
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2005, 03:12:03 AM »

Teams claimed that cars "settled " when found to be low. Then NASCAR came up with the "issued springs" and spring rubber deal. Just think we will be watching a common car that NASCAR SAYS is the car of the future. Drivers call it a brick I call it a @#$%^& but anyway I had a real nice poster a while back and in a quick def. it was the cars as years passed and what I noticed was the evolution of going to a pointed sorta nose to a blockish type to knock more air out of the way. I still say make wind tunnel tests out of the question and we can get back to real racing. And a quarter of an inch in hieght wont emount to much not to mention the tons of cash saved by teams. The folks at the wind tunnels can find jobs as easy as the rest of the population as one "team" sighted as a factor of not eliminating them. Business is good.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: