November 22, 2017, 03:21:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A F(ox) in journalism?  (Read 627 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: March 08, 2005, 05:20:12 PM »

Now we are hearing about the alleged fight between Robby Gordon and Brad Parrott (Roush Racing crew chief in the Busch Series) that took place before Sunday's race.

The General Chit Chat file has more on the possible reasons for the fight, in which Parrott allegedly kneed Gordon in the groin, and Gordon wanted to get back at Parrott.

Did Fox know about the alleged incident during the telecast?  If so, why was there no mention?  Were they being very, very careful (after all, NASCAR has started an investigation)?  Or was there a language barrier from the witnesses?

This is not like Tony Stewart punching out Brian Vickers in 2004 or Jimmy Spencer doing the same to Kurt Busch in 2003.  Both occurred after the races and it's understandable if the cameras weren't rolling in those cases.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »

desmond fox did mention the incident briefly on sun's telecast.i don't they get anymore info to us because the guys invovled were told not to talk about it.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 07:54:18 PM »

I must have missed that.  Sorry.  I was too busy trying to keep up with everything else going on (PGA golf, North Carolina vs. Duke, and so on).

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: