November 24, 2017, 10:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Mulhern on 2006 Race Schedules  (Read 1590 times)
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2005, 10:07:28 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
I have no idea where Calgary is (that's a town right, not a province?).  But the track was located in a town called Nell's Corner, which was Ontario I believe.  Lou and I looked it up on the map when Hooters last raced there.  It's not that far from NY as I recall.  I have no idea which province you live in, but for some reason think it's Ontario.   I didn't think Ontario was that large that you have to fly to get places.   :wink:  

Cheryl

Oops, my mistake.  You're right about Cayuga.  Calgary is in Alberta, just east of British Columbia.  Calgary has/had a race track that the ASA used to race on in the early 90's.  I've seen it on TV a few times but I'm not sure of it's size.  The track in Nell's Corner I have seen on TV with the CASCAR series and it is probably the closest thing we have to a 1/2 mile.  From what I have seen it's a lot of "bump out of the road to make a pass" racing.  It would need some upgrades to host a Busch race, IMO.

I live in New Brunswick.  I'll explain it this way:  When you look at the map find NY state, then Mass, then NH, then Maine.  East of Maine is New Brunswick.  I live on the east side of NB, home of the best salmon, lobster and sandy beaches in Atlantic Canada.  

Ron, even though there may not be any NASCAR races here yet, there is still lots of reason to come.  However, if they decide to stick a race in Vancouver, BC, I'd never be able to travel there either.  So, I hear ya!

Here is a link to our tourism site:

http://www.tourismnewbrunswick.ca/Cultures/en-CA/welcome.htm

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 10:16:14 PM »

Cheryl, Calgary is pretty far west. Supposed to be a neat place. They held the Winter Olympics there a while back as I recall. Plus, they have a great annual rodeo called something like the Calgary Stampede, or something like that. Shocked

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 10:45:18 PM »

I know where British Columbia is (up above Washington state and Puget Sound) and think it is one of the neatest areas I have ever been too.  Beautiful country just like the Pacific Northwest and the people are wonderful.  I spent a week in Vancouver and 3 days over in Victoria over on Vancouver Island once and it was one of the most enjoyable times I had ever had.  Very hospitable people. I would not hesitate to go there for a race or two.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2005, 03:29:49 AM »

Quote from: "John"
Being a Canadian, I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but we do not have any ovals that will seat any more than 10 or 15 thousand at the most that I know of.  My fellow Canadians can correct me about this.  I'm not even sure if our largest track is a 1/2 mile.   The only large scale races (open wheel) to ever take place here have been (West to East) Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal, and they are all road courses.  Montreal is the only permanent race track while Vancouver and Toronto are temporary courses.

I believe either Mosport or Three Rivers ( don't know the real spelling) are both permanant road courses in Ontario that could handle a Busch race.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: