November 22, 2017, 05:01:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 90% chance of a sombrero  (Read 851 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: March 05, 2005, 01:43:58 AM »

I feel there is a 90% chance that a member of the broadcast crew will be wearing an oversized, colorful sombrero at some point in the broadcast.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 02:38:34 AM »

I think that somebody will be Jeff Hammond!  DW won't mess up his hair and Larry is not into it like Jeff is.  However, I think I will go with 95%!
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 12:04:01 AM »

Instead of "boogity boogity boogity," will we hear "vamonos," followed by "andale andale?"  :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 02:46:46 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Instead of "boogity boogity boogity," will we hear "vamonos," followed by "andale andale?"  :lol:

He already was practicing it yesterday.  Anything would be a relief from the usual crap as far as I'm concerned.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 06:51:12 PM »

You know, sometimes I wonder what I can get away with saying about someone without getting a reprimand from 'Mean Mommie' because I am not sure where the bash thing starts.  So I will give it a shot.  DW really annoyed me yesterday during quals when he brought up that open wheelers used the word 'fantastic'.  His voice inflections were very annoying and in extremely poor taste IMO.  He went on to say that Nascar drivers used the word 'awesome'. The way he said 'fantastic' was just uncalled for.  I think it was Larry that quickly jumped in and tried to diffuse it by saying unless you are Jamie and say 'cool'. I just don't like people trying to imitate others in a manner like that.  It was almost like he was ridiculing the way they talk with his voice inflections.  He just kept repeating the word in a way that was very condescending, imo.  There I have ranted about my peeve of the day and now get to start again when the race starts today.   :wink:
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 02:37:22 AM »

I'm disappointed Sad . No sombrero. Not even a pre race.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 09:04:13 PM »

Well, I am eating crow!  I think they showed a lot of class for the Mexican people in the way they presented everything in this particular broadcast.  I was proud of the fact that they didn't make a mockery of the people there.  For a change, I think it was done well in that respect.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: