November 20, 2017, 01:31:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bristol  (Read 715 times)
sally
« on: March 29, 2004, 01:03:48 AM »

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I thought watching a race at Bristol was boring.  I expect to see lots of caution flags...but I don't expect Nascar to "pad" the laps to allow TV to get in all the ads it wants to.  They did it in both races this weekend, especially near the end of the races.  A three lap shootout at Bristol?  Excuse me?  Not throwing cautions with spinning cars when there are enough laps left ot make it interesting?  Seeing all but 2 passes on replay?  Oops, guess they needed another caution lap.  It's sad to see what's happening to racing these days.
Sally
maxcres
Sophmore

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2004, 01:59:31 PM »

Wow, wow, wow.  They came back from one of their outlandishly long commercial  break only to do yet another visa race break commercial. What was even more laughable was that during this useless part they actually missed a pass for the lead. Did you hear me my people, they missed a pass for the lead while doing a visa race break.  They more than once missed the restart. They continued with their self promotion of jaws, we know that he won there 12 times, enough already. Did anyone notice that they did not touch the topic of whether or not the 8 car spun himself out on purpose so as to not have to pit under green and lose 2 laps.  Especially since joy said one time The Intimadator himself did said move to bring out a caution.  I know that fox heard what Jr. said on his radio about spinning out on purpose.

Sally, i couldn't agree with you more. I never thought a race at Bristol would be so boring. You gotta love Tony Eury's honesty concerning ALL those caution laps towards the end.  He really gave it to nascar for all of a sudden cleaning the track up when it was dirty all day.

Nascar is really in a sad state if a Bristol race is boring.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2004, 03:40:28 PM »

Quote from: "maxcres"
Did anyone notice that they did not touch the topic of whether or not the 8 car spun himself out on purpose so as to not have to pit under green and lose 2 laps.  Especially since joy said one time The Intimadator himself did said move to bring out a caution.  I know that fox heard what Jr. said on his radio about spinning out on purpose.

When I read your post, Phillip, I wondered what you were talking about with him saying it on the radio.  Then I just checked out Jayski and saw this item:

"#8-Dale Earnhardt Jr. admitted repeatedly after Sunday's race he spun out on purpose on Lap 431 of 500 to prevent from having to pit under green and lose one or more laps. "I had a loose wheel and I didn't have any choice but to spin the car out to get a caution. So I went down in the corner, had some clear room behind me, and I just spun it out," Earnhardt Jr. said after the race. The caution came out, I put the clutch in and got going. What the hell else was I supposed to do? Go a lap down? Go two laps down?" Earnhardt Jr. also engaged in a profanity-laced exchange with his crew over his radio regarding NASCAR's decision to extend cautions late in the race to blow debris from the track. That earned Earnhardt Jr. a trip to the NASCAR hauler. His admission of intentionally causing a caution - an act which has been penalized previously by NASCAR - did not seem to raise the ire of series director John Darby. " 'I spun a car out' - that's a great excuse for spinning a car out, but proving that is another story," Darby said. "To brag about it is not enough for me to make a move on it."(ThatsRacin.com)(3-29-2004)"

Jeesh!  Lou suggested he did it on purpose, but as much as I don't care for Junior, that hadn't even entered my mind.  Then to be so blatant as to admit it, wow!  I don't know what to think.  Does he think he is that untouchable by NASCAR?  But the comments in this article by Darby suggests they will let him get away with stuff like this.  

Things like this and the lack of real "live" coverage on TV these days are the kinds of things that are really turning the sport into a joke for me.   Sad

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: