November 19, 2017, 06:56:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Behind the Wheel  (Read 553 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 25, 2005, 04:38:24 PM »

I'm home on an unexpected snow day today.   Cheesy
I recorded last night's NASCAR Nation and just finished watching it.  I was extremely impressed with this episode which featured Behind the Wheel.  It was done in three segments and primarily focused on the team of of Jason Leffler and his new FedEx ride.  The way the feature was done reminded me a lot of NBS 24/7 which I really like.  I like the style of a narrator following the team, then interviews with the crew chief, driver, etc. mixed in with highlights from the TV and radio commentary and a lot of scanner communications between team and driver.  

But what really impressed me was the third segment of this feature which focused on the leaders at the end of the race after Leffler got wrecked out of the race.  The producer used a ton of scanner bites from all the leaders, which really gave you an inside view of what the teams were thinking and all.  Great footage of expressions on team members' faces from all the top teams near the end.  You really got a feel for the gamet of emotions they were going through as things changed rapidly at the front of the pack.  They used some radio communications we already saw on the Fox broadcast, but added in some others that TV didn't have time to use.  You got to hear comments from Stewart, Gordon, Earnhardt, and Busch in the waning laps of the race.  I really thought this feature was done very professionally and made the ending of the race seem even more exciting than the original broadcast.  Well done to the production team for this feature!  Keep up the great work!

I plan to tune in to NASCAR Nation next Thursday, which is the day this feature is suppose to be on and highly recommend it for other race fans.

If this show could just lose the title and the "declare your citizenship" line, I think I'd like most of it.  So far, it's freshing for me NOT to have to listen to Jeff Hammond and Larry McReynolds on it.  I've always liked Ralph Sheheen and I'm glad to see him hosting this show.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 04:50:11 PM »

Finally, a feature I like from NASCAR Nation!

I disagree with Cheryl about Larry McReynolds and Jeff Hammond.  I looked forward to hearing from them on Totally NASCAR.

I still would like to see NASCAR Nation start with the news.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »

O K  cheryl, you sold me. I will try to watch it next week.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 05:39:50 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
O K  cheryl, you sold me. I will try to watch it next week.

I'm not working on commission!   :wink:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2005, 06:04:57 PM »

So Noted! Tongue  Tongue

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: