November 19, 2017, 03:29:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article by Monte Dutton  (Read 1498 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: March 28, 2004, 02:29:23 PM »

Here's a very good article by Monte Dutton about a very bad subject:  the greed of ISC and the people at the top of NASCAR:

http://www.gastongazette.com/Portal/ASP/sports/nascar/nascarDisplay.asp?ID=860

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2004, 06:17:24 PM »

Hi Cheryl. Too bad no one has responded to this post. I hope that some folks read the article, at least.
Greed and big money tend to corrupt. I think we are seeing it happen right before our eyes. Sad.
take care, Dick.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2004, 07:16:53 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Hi Cheryl. Too bad no one has responded to this post. I hope that some folks read the article, at least.
Greed and big money tend to corrupt. I think we are seeing it happen right before our eyes. Sad.
take care, Dick.

Hi Back at Ya, Dick!

From all the articles and fan feedback I read and hear, I think NASCAR has finally managed to kill the goose that laid the golden egg, but they are just too dumb to realize it.  What a shame...

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2004, 11:48:33 PM »

Cheryl, when I read this article a couple days ago, it just struck me as sad.  Nascar doesn't give a rip about anything but making TV happy, and selling seats.  This has been obvious since Brian France started exerting his influence.  It won't end until either Bill Jr takes back the reins, or he kills Nascar.  As long as he gets his large slice, of the pie, I don't think he cares which one happens. Sad

PS
Aren't I wiley, too?
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 02:14:18 AM »

Hey Sally, I think you are wiley! Smiley
sally
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004, 04:31:30 AM »

Thank you, Viv.  I have to admit, I was feeling just a bit slighted there.  I didn't get this old and NOT wiley, you know! Cool
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2004, 01:20:34 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Aren't I wiley, too?
Sally

It took you guys long enough to notice this.   Smiley

The forum software allows you to put in "designators" based on the number of posts you make.  I set it up something like this:

>10 - rookie
11-49 - sophmore
50-99 - veteran
100+ - Wiley veteran

Although Lou and I spelled "wily" wrong.  

Vivian went over the 100 post mark earlier this week!  When I logged on yesterday, she was at 102 and I was 99.  Then I posted a couple and went over the 100 mark myself.  Not that it's a race or anything.   :wink:

Sally, you aren't running with the lead pack yet.   But I'm sure your crew will make some adjustments in the pits and you'll catch up to the lead draft soon.   Smiley

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2004, 09:56:33 PM »

AHA!!  I see how this works...a "Chase for the Wiliest", is it?  I can see that I'm going to have to start putting all my thoughts on the forum instead of sending straight to Cheryl!  I can't believe I don't get any points for articles, or letters in Scene!  I think this is rigged, just because I'm an Earnhardt fan!  Yeah, that's it!  Look out now, folks!
Sally :wink:
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 10:51:29 PM »

Garsh!  I thought it was probably referring to when we joined the board.  Shows you what I don't know either.   :roll:
Wily, wiley?  No diff to me as sometimes I mispell things too.  But then, I am thinking about Wylie Coyote and how he really spells his name.  So who is to say we are wrong, or right or off base or full of it?  And somebody has to be the lead dog, or horse, or cat, or*@$$***&%#@!
Smile  Cool
sally
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 12:35:15 PM »

Viv, this is just my way of bugging Cheryl!  It's like  getting her to defend Kur Busch's behavior, or something equally outrageous.  Also trying to be less depressed about what's happening with Nascar, which ain't easy these days!
Sal Cool
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 11:08:46 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Viv, this is just my way of bugging Cheryl!  It's like  getting her to defend Kur Busch's behavior, or something equally outrageous.  Also trying to be less depressed about what's happening with Nascar, which ain't easy these days!
Sal Cool

Hey!  Don't give anybody here the idea I'm a Kurt Busch fan.   :roll:

I just think he has more talent than some drivers out there...

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: