November 18, 2017, 08:48:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yellow line at Daytona, Talladega  (Read 533 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: February 24, 2005, 06:54:53 PM »

I have a question about the yellow "out-of-bounds" lines at Daytona and Talladega.  Do they run across the entire perimeter of the track, or do they break off at some point?

I ask because my character tried a "pass in the grass", a la Earnhardt and Stewart) at the Daytona 500, only to get a black flag for it.  Since it occurred on the last lap, it amounted to a disqualification.  (Vivian and 17RoushFan already know this because they read my site regularly.)  B.W. argued that he was using a break in the line, perhaps on pit road.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:22:19 PM »

It depends on who the driver is as to whether they penalize and how they penalize, imo.  Your driver should not have been disqualified.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 05:06:41 PM »

Well, thanks Vivian for backing me up with an "expert opinion!"

B.W. paid the price for not being a butt-kisser.  See my page in which he blames the Chase for almost killing him due to his heart condition.  They couldn't take away his "title," so they took away this race.

No doubt, you also thought of Dale Jr. at the 2003 Aaron's 499 at Talladega.  He got away with a move not even close to the difficulty of Buddy Wayne's.

The yellow line should go!  And drivers should think of using the infield more often; after all, that may be the only way to make a pass under green. :twisted:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: