November 21, 2017, 01:18:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM replaced by SIRIUS in 2007  (Read 2753 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2005, 06:59:10 PM »

Quote from: "ronbarnes77"
guys by 2006 i believe xm will no longer be in business. Sad

I don't think so, Ron.  It's Sirius that declared bankruptcy 2-3 years ago.  XM is very financially sound, and believe me, losing NASCAR is not going to affect them that significantly.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2005, 05:26:06 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
It's Sirius that declared bankruptcy 2-3 years ago.

Sirius was bankrupt?  How, then, were they able to afford to pay so much for the NASCAR rights?  Don't know, maybe they found a gold mine or some oil at corporate headquarters. :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2005, 05:38:06 PM »

I don't think they have paid it yet, Desmond, only Promised to pay it.

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2005, 07:33:01 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
I don't think they have paid it yet, Desmond, only Promised to pay it.

You are right, Dick!  Promised is the operative word.  Kinda like they promised to pay Jim Smith and the 7 team for sponsoring their car.  Kinda like K-mart promised to pay Travis Carter's team and then filed bankruptcy as well.  Funny, how they never went out business and now are merging with Sears.  I think that bankruptcy seems to be a convenient way for all these companies to avoid paying stockholders and their race teams.  I will just be surprised if Sirius is able to fulfill their comittment to NASCAR.  Like you said about Roberta having it and you didn't like it; that's the same thing I've read many places on the Internet.  If they're looking for all the NASCAR fans to jump ship and save their company, I think they are in for a rude awakening.  3 out of the 4 of us here say we're staying with XM.  That's about as representative a sample of the population as the Nielson ratings.   :wink:

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2005, 10:09:33 PM »

Right you are, Cheryl. While getting Nascar rights in two years, (why did they announce it 2 years early anyhow?), may be a help, it won't be a panacea for Sirius. I won't even think of buying all new stuff just to listen to Nascar, unless, of course, the XM programming goes to pot in the mean time.
 D ick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2005, 03:42:02 AM »

The way Sirius is looking to pay Howard Stern is through the hoped for increase in subscribers from his fan base. There was an article done when the deal was announced that did the math based on how many new subscribers were needed to pay for the deal. I remember that if less than 50% of Stern listeners followed him to Sirius the deal would be a success.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: