November 20, 2017, 04:46:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: XM replaced by SIRIUS in 2007  (Read 2750 times)
alfers
Veteran

« on: February 23, 2005, 03:10:04 AM »

:evil: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=nextelcupsirius&prov=st&type=lgns

This REALLY torgues my jaw.  I only bought XM because it was the sole satellite broadcaster of NASCAR!
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 03:01:49 PM »

Quote from: "alfers"
:evil: http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=nextelcupsirius&prov=st&type=lgns

This REALLY torgues my jaw.  I only bought XM because it was the sole satellite broadcaster of NASCAR!

Michael,

There are plenty of commercial-free music channels on XM.  I love the 70s station and America, the classic country station, along with Nashville and a bunch of others.  Yeah, I initially bought it for NASCAR, but found how great it is to listen to all the great music stations and not have to listen to annoying commercials and silly local "morning" shows.  I've heard the music choices on Sirius aren't that great, so won't be switching  just for NASCAR.  I spend more time listening to music during the week than NASCAR on weekends.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 05:11:25 PM »

So XM is now a "lame duck" in terms of NASCAR coverage?

I just hope that they have crutches good enough to last a little under two years!

Oh, by the way, how does Howard Stern feel about it? :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 06:07:20 PM »

Alfers, this may never happen, for openers. 2 years is a long time.

I hate to show my age, again, but:
   Howard Stern makes me sick;
   I prefer the 50's and 60's stations. Trust me, rock and roll has not been the same since...
   Cheryl, you nailed it again. Listening to those silly people on local stations in the morning is like dragging your fingernails across a blackboard to me. Sad

8 more!!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 07:36:36 PM »

Quote from: "old hot rodder"
Alfers, this may never happen, for openers. 2 years is a long time.

I hate to show my age, again, but:
   Howard Stern makes me sick;
   I prefer the 50's and 60's stations. Trust me, rock and roll has not been the same since...
   Cheryl, you nailed it again. Listening to those silly people on local stations in the morning is like dragging your fingernails across a blackboard to me. Sad

I agree with Dick about Howard Stern, Desmond.  Never listened to him and never will.  Didn't even know he was on XM.  Is he???   :lol:

I like the 50s and 60s music, but the 60's station on XM, that DJ drives me crazy, so I can't stay on there too long.  Phalsh Phelps or whatever he calls himself.  It's a shame cause there's some damn good music from the 60s.  For me, 70s is more my decade.  

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 10:56:52 PM »

Cheryl, Sirius recently signed Howard Stern to start on their network. They can have him.
Yes, the dj on the 60's staation is a bit much, so I listen mostly to the 5o's on 5, but I also listen to the Village, Sunny 24, and to the 2 classical stations.

7 to go!       D ick Cheesy

William James
Vivian
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005, 11:51:05 PM »

They have added the Sirius Music to Dish on my tv sub but I still like to use the other music they have (no dj's on those channels) and I usually listen to 50's & 60's also.  Too much talk in between songs on Sirius.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 05:14:49 PM »

Sorry for the confusion.  I meant to ask how Howard Stern felt about being part of the same satellite network as NASCAR because their public images are so different.

I don't listen to him, either, but I bet that he has put down NASCAR and its drivers in the past, simply because he doesn't like what they stand for.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2005, 02:22:21 AM »

Quote from: "Desmond"

I don't listen to him, either, but I bet that he has put down NASCAR and its drivers in the past, simply because he doesn't like what they stand for.

Howard hasn't put down any race drivers yet that I have heard, but he does have trouble understanding auto racing.

So, XM folks, what is the deal with Clair B Lang?Huh? Since Sirius made the announcement that Nascar is coming callers to the Sirius Speedway show (now the best all around racing show, meaning it features more than Nascar, since Wind Tunnel has been canceled) have had nothing good to say about her. Is she that bad??

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 02:25:03 AM »

FYI, I know Wind Tunnel is still on, but being Sunday only :evil:  I have given up, so to me it has been canceled

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 02:17:31 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian

So, XM folks, what is the deal with Clair B Lang?Huh? Since Sirius made the announcement that Nascar is coming callers to the Sirius Speedway show (now the best all around racing show, meaning it features more than Nascar, since Wind Tunnel has been canceled) have had nothing good to say about her. Is she that bad??

I think we talked about Claire on here a while back, but possibily before you joined, Brian.  I alternate on her.  I think she loves the sport and is very knowledgeable.  The problem is she is alone at the track and tries to fill a lot of air time by herself, so she ends up rambling at times or repeating herself a lot. But its gotta be hard to fill up any station with 24 hours of NASCAR coverage.

Beth, here, really likes her and I can't remember what Dick thinks about her, but I think he likes her too.  Not sure about Michael S.  

She does seem to have a good rapport with a lot of the drivers, such as Robby Gordon, so that's important.  I wondered if she'd move over to Sirius in two years or not.

Cheryl
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 03:48:35 PM »

I'd say that you have given a pretty fair assessment of Claire B, Cheryl.
Frankly, I kinda like her. I think she will prob stay in Nascar, but I really don't know much about her background.

(still working on another helmet!!) Cheesy

William James
alfers
Veteran

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 01:11:48 AM »

And to top off my discontent, I just got my notice in the mail this weekend the price of XM is going up April 2nd.  Mine won't go up until after July of 2006.  I bought it for two years.  

I will be looking for any and all interested parties that want to by some slightly used docking stations and an XM receiver when my contract is up.  

I enjoy the music and feel certain I'll enjoy the music on SIRIUS just as much.  I love the NASCAR shows on XM.  I don't listen to the past races but I do love the trackside shows and the call in shows.

P.S.  I used to be stationed in NYC at the World Trade Center.  I could get Howard Stearns all up and down the east coast and well into Pennsylvania.  His humor, be it ever so tainted, kept me awake as I drove for hours on end.  I also like my Rush Limbaugh and G. Gordon Liddy.  Dr. Laura could disappear and I wouldn't be all that misty eyed.  As it is, I have been without all of my talk shows for quite some time due to my geographical locations.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 05:14:14 PM »

Yeah, I got my notice too, Alfers. Frankly, I listen more to the music than anything else. Roberta had Sirius for a while, and I did not like it as well.
 I'll give you 6 to 1 odds that Sirius will increase their price substantially within 6 mos of starting with the Nascar broadcasts. After all, they gotta pay the big money machine...... :?

William James
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2005, 06:56:05 PM »

guys by 2006 i believe xm will no longer be in business. Sad
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: