November 21, 2017, 06:30:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bestwick Working the Pits  (Read 636 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 18, 2005, 08:39:39 PM »

I'm off today, cooking and cleaning for my Daytona party.  I haven't really watched any of the other TV coverage on Speed this week, so was surprised to see Allen Bestwick working the pits today.  Has he been doing this for Speed all week?

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather see him than Jeanne Zelasko.   :wink:

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:25:45 PM »

I don't know.  Haven't watched that much.  Yeah, I agree on the Zelasko thing.  But, many years ago, we females wanted equality in all things.  Some just don't realize that maybe they should only try certain things.  :?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 09:41:53 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I don't know.  Haven't watched that much.  Yeah, I agree on the Zelasko thing.  But, many years ago, we females wanted equality in all things.  Some just don't realize that maybe they should only try certain things.  :?

I think there can be good women pit reporters, but they have to love the sport first.  Not just be assigned a job during the off-season for baseball like she is.  I think Amy East did a good job on ESPN for the truck series.  Her only problem was she got too excited when covering her own husband's pit stops if they had a problem.  She's married to truck driver, Terry Cook.

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2005, 01:25:32 AM »

I agree, Cheryl.  If the networks picked the women to cover racing based on their knowlege, not the appeal as eye candy, it would be different.  So far we have attractive women who couldn't tell an Indy car from a Cup car.  Real expertise.  It makes the networks look pretty foolish.

sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 03:20:37 AM »

Today friday was the 1st day bestwick worked in the pits.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: