November 21, 2017, 07:24:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to Join the Speedcouch Fantasy League  (Read 1517 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 16, 2005, 08:44:47 PM »

First off, I apologize for taking so long to get out the details on the Fantasy League after first mentioning it.  I investigated the web site we were looking into using for the Speedcouch League and decided I didn't like the look and feel of their software after all.  So what I've decided to do is use Collective Racing, which is the site that many of us in Maryland have played in for years.  Even though that site has some 5000 players each season, we've managed to have our own little competition among the players here in Maryland and everyone has been very happy with it.  

NOTE:  This is a free fantasy league game!   Cheesy

So I've decided to invite readers of Speedcouch to register at this site:

http://www.collectiveracing.com/fantrace/fantrace-home.php

Make sure you register for the regular fantasy game.  The upside to this site is that if you finish in the top 10 for either half of the season, you can pick a prize from the site's racing collectibles (diecasts, etc.)

I would ask that those interested in me tracking your scores against the rest of us, please register with your first and last names or at least send me your team name, so I can look up your score.  Every Monday, I will post the results on a special web page for the Speedcouch Fantasy League.  The only times I may be a little late will be if Lou and I are traveling to races and not home on Monday morning.

Dick, Beth, Desmond and Vivian, I believe, already expressed interest in participating in the Speedcouch Fantasy League.  So please register at the site and make sure and pick your team for Daytona before the start of the race Sunday.  Picking the team is very important (as a few folks in Maryland who have played for years sometimes forget to pick a team after they register).There are nine groups of drivers and you pick one from each group, then are allowed only 3 trades before each race.  Trades are unlimited for the Daytona race.  The guy running this league divides the race season into two halves, with the second half beginning with the July Daytona race.  

So whoever is interested in playing with the rest us, please register at the Collective Racing site and then email me the name you registered under and/or your team name, so I can track your results.  Send your information to me at:  cheryl@speedcouch.com
Last names will be kept strickly confidential.  The only reason I'd ask for them is because we have 4-5 Mikes on this forum, so we need a way to keep straight who is who.  I will list them in the results simply as Mike A. or Mike D., etc.  

Please email if you have any questions.  I've tried to address everything above, but have probably forgotten something important.

Oh yeah, we have about 10 people already signed up from our regular md-rasn group.  You will competing with them in the Speedcouch League.

Let's Race!  May the best man or woman win!
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 12:34:27 AM »

OK, I'm in. Cheesy

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 04:44:36 PM »

I have found Desmond and Dick on the Collective Racing list and results ofr Daytona.  Last call....did anyone else register?

Vivian?  Beth?  You both mentioned interest a while back, but I can't find your results if I don't know what name you registered under or your team name.  I'll be working on compiling the results this afternoon (in between rewatching the race to do a full review).  So please send me private email (cheryl@speedcouch.com) and let me know if anyone else here played.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 08:48:13 PM »

Please go to this page to see how everyone fared this week:

http://www.speedcouch.com/fantasyleague/

If anyone decided to play and didn't email, please let me know so I can add you to the rankings.  If you didn't get in before Daytona, you can always register before California and join the fun.

Dick, you didn't "name" your team at the Collective Racing site, so I took the liberty of calling it "Old Hot Rodders" this week.  If you'd like to call it something else, just let me know.

After this week, I'll move all info on this to the "fantasy league topic," so those not interested don't have to read about it if they don't want to.

Thanks!
Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: