November 23, 2017, 04:11:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inside Cup  (Read 855 times)
Vivian
« on: February 14, 2005, 07:36:53 PM »

I see that Inside Cup Racing is starting tonight.  2 hours.  I am watching the Westminister Kennel Club show first and will try to was the re-play at 8 our time.  Don't know if I can take 2 hours or not.  We'll see.

Just wanted to remind everyone.  We will talk about it tomorrow.   :wink:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 07:47:25 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I see that Inside Cup Racing is starting tonight.  2 hours.  I am watching the Westminister Kennel Club show first and will try to was the re-play at 8 our time.  Don't know if I can take 2 hours or not.  We'll see.

Just wanted to remind everyone.  We will talk about it tomorrow.   :wink:

I was looking for NBS 24/7 on the Tivo guide and saw it has been moved until 9:30 on Mondays, so I figured IWCR would be from 8-9:30 now.  Since we'd already heard it would be expanded to 90 minutes.  But they're doing 2 hours tonight?  Jeesh!  Wasn't that much really happened this weekend at Daytona to fill nearly that much time.  Don't know if we'll watch it or not.  I know I'm certainly not giving up watching 24 at 9:00 to hear 2 hours of Michael Waltrip self-promotion.  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 08:35:05 PM »

Now be fair, Cheryl  Michael spends at least as much time promoting Nascar and kissing their A** as himself.  Why do you think they got expanded to 90 minutes?  THAT"S waht Nascar wants to see on TV!

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 02:03:56 AM »

Yes unfortuanately sally you are correct.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 05:18:16 PM »

At least it was for charity... (last night's Las Vegas Marathon feature)

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 09:37:53 PM »

Sorry I got the length of time wrong.  It was 90 minutes.

The segment on the marathon was good.  The interview with Brian was the usual Michael sucking up segment.  Oops, maybe I shouldn't have said that.   :oops:   But Alan did tell us it was Mikey's show.  Schrader got his few digs at Mikey in and I did like that.  Johnny didn't get to say much as usual.  But speaking of Johnny, he did so good in the announcers booth over the weekend.  I think he is a great addition to the booth for any race.  Wish we had him in the Cup racing booth.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2005, 05:18:51 PM »

The show also took place at the Speed Channel stage, which reminds me of something I read some months ago on Insider Racing News.

There is talk that Inside Nextel Cup will someday happen in front of a live studio audience.  Would it help the show, or hurt it?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 01:16:59 AM »

Apparently it was taped early in the morning and there was not much of an audience as far as I could see when the cameras went that way.  So I don't know what difference it would make.
sally
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 01:55:15 AM »

Sort of in the same vein, is anyone else disgusted with the promos for Wind Tunnel?  They keep saying it 'expanded' to 2 hours on Sunday night.  Guess they conveniently forget that it USED to be 4 hours weekly.  How stupid do they think we are.  Oh. Nevermind.  

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: