November 19, 2017, 07:45:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was anyone else upset about the way the arca race finished?  (Read 1358 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: February 13, 2005, 12:49:13 PM »

I saw part of the arca race last night and i was a little bit upset at how it finished last night.

And i thought it was going pretty good and a competitive i remember their being a few leadchanges and i remember larry foyt was a lap down and made it up and finished 12th i'll bet he was upset by the way the race finished.

I'll bet kimmel was too.

I think they shortened it 15 laps from 80 to 65 which made me upset.

I wonder if nascar told arca to finish their race or i wonder if baby brian had to payoff arca officials to call it short. And wrap it up.

Cause god forbid the bud shootout be delayed.

When i say baby brian i'm talking about brian france.

I don't think in both wrecks if anyone saw this i don't think maybe they did for the first wreck but they never showed a replay or said who all was involved in the 2nd wreck and in the 2nd wreck you could tell at leat 2 maybe more cars got upside down.

Arca needs to run their race on sunday or monday so it won't interfere with nascars schedule they need to run it after nascars activity on sunday because when they run their races prior to nascars schedule they should know what is going to happen.

Did anyone else think that accident on pitroad was a nasty and scary looking accident?

Their lucky no one was killed or seriously injured in that.

Was the driver who was involved in the incident on pit road interviewed?

Did anyone else see the replay of the accident where the guy's car hit the catchfence was the catchfence tore up real bad or was it just minor damage?

I heard that caused a red flag.

Does anyone know how long the red flag was out?

And did anyone tape the arca race yesterday i missed the first 30 or so laps of that.

Did that wreck where the guy tore up the catch fence remind anyone of bobby allison's 1987 talladega crash where his car tore up the catchfenceing in a very similar crash.

His car went rearend first into the catchfence too at talladega back in 87 and so did the guy that hit the fence yesterday.

I blame nascar or at least someone is to blame for the big wreck at the finish of the arca race yesterday.

When that race was shortened the drivers just started drivin crazy.

Probably thanks to nascar the fans were jipped cheated out of 15 laps of racing action.

I would hate to have to pay the money for tickets just to have nascar screw you outta some racing action.

Does anyone else think the arca race was more competitive than the budshootout?

If i remember right i think there were a few 4 maybe 5 or 6 maybe a few more lead changes tha that even in the arca race.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2005, 01:07:50 PM »

I don't think this will ever happen although i hope it does i keep hoping someone in the truck series or busch series although i know it will never happen since all the nascar car owners are interested in young guns now.

I keep hoping frank kimmel will move out of arca so someone else can win the arca championship.

I think doesn't he have more money than anyone else their unless nascar teams compete.

He's won the arca championship by huge margins every year since what the mid 90's maaybe the late 90's.

I just would like to see someone else win that championship.

I have nothing against frank but you know when a man's constantly winning championships uhh it gets a little repetitive.

I think he did try and run in trucks or bgn with his own team but it was too much money i think so he went back to arca.

Or he ran a limited cup schedule i seem to remember frank having a brief stint in nascar in 01 or 02?

Didn't frank's dominance of arca begin in after 1997 when tim steele had his accident at atlanta while practiceing or trying to qualify a cup car for the 1997 november cup race.

I don't think tim was the same after that because of his head injury and other health issues oiver the years like kidney stones and other health issues at least i think tim had kidney stones or had a bout with em.

I saw tim interviewed at last night's arca race.

Does anyone know why jimmy horton got out of arca and the cup series i heard he went back up to the northeast to race modifieds and late models was that the reason  he left both cup and arca to go back up to the northeast and do that?

I remember jimmy horton subbing for darrell waltrip in the tide car a few times after darrell had his leg broken in a crash at daytona in 1990.

Also horton won several arca races.

That just surprised me when he disapeared the way he did in the mid 90's.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2005, 01:13:38 PM »

We were very disappointed that TV did not tell us the condition of the drivers hurt in that final wreck.  Had us fearing the worst.  But Lou checked on-line when we got home from our friend's house after the Busch Clash and saw that everyone seemed fine.  Speed dropped the ball on that and telling us if anyone was okay after the pit road incident.  

Not a good way to start Speed Week's coverage if you ask me...

Very frightening wrecks all day long in ARCA.

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 02:45:34 PM »

Here is an article that describes a little bit more of the injuries to the photographers, fans, and drivers. Not a single word on the ARCA website.

Billy Venturini is the worst off.

http://www.whittierdailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,207~29581~2708810,00.html

Lou

sally
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 04:26:52 PM »

It was Fox coverage...why are you surprised?  Also, TV couldn't have anything like a little accident upset their schedule of yet another "Nascar Live" segment and the start of the Shootout, could they?  Remember, TV is the most important thing in Nascar these days.

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 07:18:47 PM »

Yes that and money.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2005, 07:21:26 PM »

Yes lou i noticed the arca website didn't say a thing about it.

Maybe they don't wanna any negative publicity or anything on their website who knows?

But that's ashame when their website can't tell us the condition of injured drivers and other people who were injured.

I think the only thing they had on their website about the race was the results right lou?
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2005, 07:33:32 PM »

Lou i noticed some of the stuff said on that thing speed nor the people who run daytona speedway said anything about it probably daytona didn't want any negative publicity either.

And probably speed tv didn't want any negative publicity either.

Their really lucky the fan and the photographers weren't more injured than they were.
Smallblock bored
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2005, 02:28:49 AM »

Any facts that would make something have a black eye is bad....BAD!
 Getting upset over what the picture radio shows and tells us is pretty sad. Reading one moment that JR. had an illeagal transmission taken away and then FOX the self proclaimed lord of the spin doctor, simply says "Changed transmission". Yes facts are better left unsaid, even if it is the very life of an "individual".
super61
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2005, 02:36:05 AM »

The ARCA race was great... the only thing with this event and when they run talledega is the BIG ONE(S). There are so many young, anxious drivers, many of whom have never seen a track bigger than 1/2 mile let alone been on one.   Billy Venturini got the worst of the deal. A broken vertabre in his neck will keep him out for at least 3 months. Surgery was planned for this early afternoon.

AS for the red flag, early ending...The wreck that stopped the race for about 30 mins was not a bad wreck, but tore a good sized hole in the catch fench in the tri-oval. One fan was treated for minor injuries and released.  NASCAR made the call to end the race early. Remember, ARCA pays a fee to hold an event at all tracks the use.(lease agreement) They are not usually given an allotted amount of time to complete a race, but with all the pre-race activities for the Shootout, it was clear early on that they would end early. (BUD paid much more to NASCAR for naming rights to the Shootout than ARCA pays the track). Yes, it will always go back to the $$$$$$$.

All that said, after seeing that horrible wreck at the end of the ARCA race, it was a relief to see that only one driver was severely hurt and will recover to race again..I think it will be hard for Blake Feese to get back in the car next time tho..In his interview after his pit road incident, he was clearly shaken and commented that he chose not to get back out and hurt anyone else..
Ken
super61
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 02:40:12 AM »

ps.. The ARCA website was very vague on everything except the final standings.. For better coverage got to Bob and Matt Dillner's website
http://www.speed51.com
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 01:48:36 PM »

Finally on Speed News yesterday, they showed a replay of the accidents and told us that 13 drivers were taken to the hospital.  Jeesh!  They also showed a replay of the pit road incident and about somel photographers were slightly injured.

At the beginning of quals on Fox, they showed some slightly different camera angles of the wreck at the end of the race.  Obviously Fox was running some of their HD cameras along with the standard definition cameras being used for the Speed broadcast.  That's kind of interesting, and in this case, provided some different views of when Kluever started spinning/flipping and how Venturini got involved.  You gotta feel bad for that Kluever.  He came from ASA where he's only been on short tracks and maybe Charlotte and Atlanta last year.  He wins Roush's "gong show" for a truck ride and then they put him in this race to give him some experience at Daytona before the truck race this Friday.  Thank goodness he walked away from all that flipping relatively unscathed.  Same thing for Dan Shaver.  I'm sorry to hear that Billy Venturini had a neck injury, but glad it is no worse.  But it's still gotta be terrible to be out of racing for so long (just like it was for Sterling).  But it's a miracle there weren't worse injuries.  

IMHO, ARCA does not belong on these big tracks.  There's too much of a disparity between the speed of the front runners and those in the back of the pack.  If you look at qualifying, most times, there is a 20 MPH speed difference.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 05:05:27 PM »

Don't forget another reason for the ARCA "curfew."  Just a few minutes after the race wrapped up, NASCAR/ISC began a prerace show for the Bud Shootout with a performance by 3 Doors Down.

This confirms what a few of us have always believed: the most important things to them now are showbiz and money.  Too bad.

By the way, the Kimmel run at Daytona is equivalent to what happened to Dale Earnhardt year after year before 1998.  I feel very bad for him.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 05:11:13 PM »

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, but...

Bill Venturini, Billy Venturini's father and car owner, told Speed Channel Sunday night that Jason Jarrett (son of Daytona 500 pole sitter Dale Jarrett, grandson of "my old friend Ned") will probably replace Billy in the car when ARCA racing resumes on March 26.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 07:19:59 PM »

I was not surprised they cut the race short.  They had to in order to get pit lane all cleared and ready for the shootout.  I don't really think
FOX or Speed played a role in the shortening of the event.  I think the red flag and time itself took care of that.  They did mention that about 13 drivers had been taken to the infield care center on the next program and that either 1 or 2 had been transported to a local hospital.  They did not show replay which I thought was good until they knew everyone was okay.  I noticed they did not show the replay of the pit accident until they were sure everyone was okay also.  To me that was a plus.

Blake Feese may have had his confidence shaken to an urepairable state.
I hope he can cope because he will be a good driver one day if he continues.

The ARCA racing was good except for the accidents.  Competition was close and the cars fighting for the win was great.  Off ARCA a bit, but I saw a CASCAR race after the shootout and the competition in it was great. I really enjoyed it also.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: