November 19, 2017, 05:54:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone else see this?  (Read 979 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: February 12, 2005, 03:33:38 AM »

Did anyone else see this besides me the guy with the small sword in his mouth the way it was in there it looked sick too me made me wanna puke.

I suppose some people liked that i thought it was gross.

And i like swords and knives but i would never do something like that.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 06:31:00 AM »

Oh, yes, Bryan, this was during the first few minutes of the Speed Weeks coverage on the Speed channel.  Another reminder that the race is no longer the thing. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 01:33:12 PM »

Somehow, having a circus in the infield is just SOOO appropriate, isn't it?  Anyone know just how much it costs to be allowed in the 'fanzone'?  

And, just when I thought Speed couldn't get any 'fluffier', I saw the promos for the new 'Nascar nation' they intend to try to inflict on fans 4 nights a week.  They totally lost me when the talked with their 'fashion' expert that comes to them straight from Hollywood to enhance their program.  Yeck!

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 02:23:57 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Somehow, having a circus in the infield is just SOOO appropriate, isn't it?  Anyone know just how much it costs to be allowed in the 'fanzone'?  

And, just when I thought Speed couldn't get any 'fluffier', I saw the promos for the new 'Nascar nation' they intend to try to inflict on fans 4 nights a week.  They totally lost me when the talked with their 'fashion' expert that comes to them straight from Hollywood to enhance their program.  

Is the ferris wheel and all that was clearly visible during the Rolex 24 still there for the NASCAR races?   If so, all that crap is gonna block the view of the track for many fans.  yeah, I'd want to pay hundreds of dollars for a seat to see a race and have some of it obscured by a carnival.  

As to your question about costs, this is what Joanne Havlick from Laidback Racing has to say:

"On to the New Daytona 500 Club, Gatorade Victory Lane (brought to you by PowerAde).  This monstrosity is 5 stories tall.  Your "cheap seat" at the
start finish line which cost $190.00 for a 2 day package now has a stupid
club built blocking your view.  I couldn't check out the cost of just a
ticket to the 500 because they were only selling the superstrech 2 day
package.  Must be having trouble selling those Saturday tickets.  Now we
could just camp at Lake Lloyd for the mere cost of $2,500.00.  Hey, but
with that we get waterfront docks, activity zones, playgrounds, and an
exclusive Community Center highlighting the waterfront parking area.
That's nice.  Or we could go to the cheaper spot of $1,300.00 or the "white
trash" neighbor hood of Lake Lloyd with a cost of only $800.00.  I would rather have the infield cost what it used to and just have the "attraction" being REAL racing like it used to."

Entire article is at:

http://www.laidbackracing.com/2005Articles/Jo.html

I particularly love her final point about how the racing used to be the attraction.  If fans need all this superfluous stuff, they aren't going there to see racing.  Why don't they just take their kids to Disney World instead?    

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 02:58:54 PM »

This whole mess just typifies how little the racing matters these days.  It's no coincidence that most of the 'improvements' at tracks (Bristol, MIS) consist of luxury boxes...litte to do with the quality of 'the product', or the 'regular' fan.  That's entertainment, right?

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 05:34:49 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
And, just when I thought Speed couldn't get any 'fluffier', I saw the promos for the new 'Nascar nation' they intend to try to inflict on fans 4 nights a week.  They totally lost me when the talked with their 'fashion' expert that comes to them straight from Hollywood to enhance their program.  Yeck!

So bib overalls, baseball caps and NASCAR gear are no longer enough?  Now you have to dress up like they did at the Grammy Awards last night?  Is that their message?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 08:41:52 PM »

They have been sending that message ever since Baby Brian took over.  The Boy Genius has been living in La La land, and wants 'His" sport to acquire the glitz, glamor, and entertainment value of Hollywood.  Remember that the lack of the luxury seating at Rockingham, Darlington, and Martinsville are often cited as reasons for reducing or eliminating race dats from those tracks.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: