November 19, 2017, 12:00:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More $$$$ for NA$CAR  (Read 530 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 11, 2005, 02:18:07 PM »

A new way for NA$CAR to wring money from the suckers...uh..., I mean the fans...

From Jayski:
"NASCAR today announced the launching of the Official NASCAR Members Club and named seven-time NASCAR Cup champion Richard Petty to be its membership chairman. Stoneacre Partners LLC, a developer of affinity and customer loyalty programs, will operate the program under a long-term license. The $40 annual membership will entitle those who join to receive a magazine featuring lifestyle stories from top drivers, teams, NASCAR legends and other Club members and opportunities to participate in behind-the-scenes events and parties. Information is available on the Internet at NASCAR.com.(NASCAR Scene)(2-10-2005)"

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 05:45:25 PM »

I wonder how this will affect the various drivers'/teams' fan clubs.  Will their members be pressured to switch their accounts over to the official NASCAR club?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 12:28:17 AM »

Wow.  How many more way can Nascar think of to dig money out of the fans?  All these new 'amenities' they are putting in at many tracks are strangely aimed at the big money corporate sponsors...sky boxes,  pay extra $$ to get closer to the infield, etc.  Doesn't mean squat to me.

Sally
super61
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 05:34:02 PM »

Along the lines of "Brian in the Green"... did you see that NASCAR will broadcast races on SONY JUMBO screens at select short tracks SO  attendance is not cut into on Saturday nights..neat idea but how many fans can multi-task like that??? short track late model live, Cup from Bristol, and hold a dog and brew at one time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

Ken
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 01:18:15 PM »

Quote from: "super61"
Along the lines of "Brian in the Green"... did you see that NASCAR will broadcast races on SONY JUMBO screens at select short tracks SO  attendance is not cut into on Saturday nights..neat idea but how many fans can multi-task like that??? short track late model live, Cup from Bristol, and hold a dog and brew at one time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh??

No, I hadn't seen that one, Ken!  Thanks for posting it!  Love you comment about multi-tasking!  You're right about that.  Holding my brew and watching the live action at a good short track race is more important to me.   :lol:

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: