November 25, 2017, 12:50:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article from Racing One...  (Read 752 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: February 07, 2005, 09:37:27 PM »

This article from Pete Pistone is kind of interesting, though I'm not sure how based in fact it might really be.  Isn't Fox Sports Net already 24 hours a day sports?  But I do like it whenever anyone points out that ESPN still owns all the really good race footage and how they've never sold that to NASCAR.  I think that's a great bargaining chip myself.   :lol:

http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=21562

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 09:42:55 PM »

Very interesting, indeed.  I never watch fox sports net.  Don't know how many hours they are on each day.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 09:50:23 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Very interesting, indeed.  I never watch fox sports net.  Don't know how many hours they are on each day.

What channel did you watch Totally NASCAR on then?  In some regions, O think FSN  is called Sports South, Midwest, Rocky Mountain, Madison Square Garden channel etc, but it's still Fox Sport, I'm pretty sure.  In fact the one local to this area is called Comcast Sports Net, I think.  We Since we have DirecTV, we have all the regional FSNs.  I just picked whichever was the first number in the sports group, so we usally watched the New England or Pittsburgh version.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 09:54:55 PM »

Gosh, you are right.  It was Fox Sports out of Seattle.  Sorry for the error. :oops:   Now that you mention it, wasn't Nascar this morning on that channel also?  The only thing I remember was I watched either on channel 419 or 426 on Dish.
sally
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 10:11:26 PM »

Sorry, but I'm boycotting the Racingone site since they fired Matt McLaughlin.  He was the only writer I read there, anyway.

Sally
John
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 11:19:56 PM »

ESPN aired some of the races, but what about the races that aired on TNN or TBS?  Who owns the rights to those races?

Remember the wars between ESPN and TNN when Ned Jarrett couldn't show highlights of the previous race on ESPN on Inside Winston Cup Racing because that show was on TNN.  Here in Canada, that was our only source of NASCAR info.  Times have changed.

I think the days of a network having a long strangle hold on a TV package are over.  Six years at the most depending on who is interested and has the most money.

Interesting article by the way.

ommy Baldwin after Tropicana 400:  "This is NASCAR's world, we just live in it."
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 01:23:27 PM »

Quote from: "John"
ESPN aired some of the races, but what about the races that aired on TNN or TBS?  Who owns the rights to those races?

TNN was owned by Gaylord Entertainment and was an affiliate of CBS; however, when TNN changed hands (just prior to the end of 2000), I believe they sold all their footage to NASCAR.

John, I remember the first networks wars between TNN and ESPN back in the 90s concerning sharing footage.  Thankfully, they worked it out quickly so the fans got to see highlights on both networks.

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: