November 21, 2017, 07:21:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Under the Heading of, Be Careful What You Ask For....  (Read 928 times)
alfers
Veteran

« on: February 07, 2005, 08:40:55 PM »

Location, location, location. Las Vegas Motor Speedway has sold out its 125,000 seats and will add about 16,000 more for the March 13 race. Sales at California Speedway have not been nearly as good. Blame California's new February race date and the track's proximity to Las Vegas. Given the choice of amenities in Vegas and Fontana, choosing which race to attend is not a tough decision for fans. Last year, when California had two races for the first time, the first race was May 2. ...
sally
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:12:59 PM »

Gee whiz,  You mean that the DATE a race is held can affect they ticket sales?  Like, Rockingham in February?  Or Darlington the day before Mother's Day?  Wow,  Whoda thunk it?

Sally
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 05:36:14 PM »

Be careful what you wish for you may get it.

At least that is what i think uhura said in star trek 3 the search for spock.

That's right you gotta be careful what you wish for because you mag get something you want or may not want depending on circumstances.

And especially be careful when you make a wish in front of vengeance demons like halfrek and anyanka.

Now back to racing that is a little silly i think to put 2 races on the west coast because what if 1 person wanted go to vegas that may make the person rethink his plans.

Plus isn't febuary and march 2 of the months when they get a lot of their rain out there?

And does anybody remember the rain shortened race at vegas which jeff burton won?
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 06:02:01 PM »

That was one of the reasons we did not renew our tickets for California.  Trek out ot Cali on Feb 27 with all the expense involved and then turn around and do it two weeks later in Vegas.  No could do.  Now I am still hoping to go to the September Cali race.  Althoug I admit I entered a contest on JGN to win tickets to the Cali race.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  If we win the tickets then the only expense will be gas as we can stay at my sister-in-law's house.  

As for weather, Vegas is in the desert.  It really does not get much rain.  Not sure about Fontana.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2005, 06:23:15 PM »

I don't think anyplace in S. California gets much rain, Except when I'm there, Like I was in late December! :cry:  Oh and Don't worry, BAM24/25, I will not be able to go for the Fontana race, so it should be OK :lol:

Dick "still working on another little blue helmet"!!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 05:52:44 PM »

Guess what?  It's raining here right now!

Seriously, this is the rainy season, and we have received twice the usual rainfall here in southern California.  Keep that in mind on qualifying Saturday (Feb. 26).  If it rains, there's no way anyone can make an attempt.  I think that would send Jason Leffler and John Andretti (among others) home, based on last year's standings.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: