November 19, 2017, 06:57:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Super Bowl  (Read 1008 times)
Vivian
« on: February 07, 2005, 09:51:42 PM »

The game was kind of miscombulated part of the time.  Although it had a close score, it was not a fast pace.  I was happy to see New England win.

I could not find the post where I had mentioned that cadillac commercial.  As it turned out, they combined all three tunnels and it did turn out pretty neat because I could relate to the one.  The first one with the trees around it and the 3 strips down it.  They also caught it a couple of other times.  Also the dark inside of the tunnel and the one with the lights on the side up top was the one near us.  Don't know where the other 2 were located.  The one near us have the trees all around.  The road a few miles away  does have a lot rock so they could have also selected some of the rock section but not sure.  So, if you caught the commercial you now know what kind of country I live in and near.  I don't have a picture to post right now, but will try to take one next time we head over that way.  Let me know what you thought of the commercial.
sally
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:14:06 PM »

Sorry, Viv.  I didn't watch a minute of the game.  I watched 'Seabiscuit' instead.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 01:29:03 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
The game was kind of miscombulated part of the time.  Although it had a close score, it was not a fast pace.  I was happy to see New England win.

I could not find the post where I had mentioned that cadillac commercial.  As it turned out, they combined all three tunnels and it did turn out pretty neat because I could relate to the one.

I was also happy to see New England win, Vivian!  We watched the game and though it was close, it wasn't one of the best Super Bowls I've seen.  Can't quite put my finger on why though.

We saw the commercial filmed near you.  Thanks for telling us about it beforehand.  The first time I saw it, I didn't even realize it was suppose to be imitating the car beeing shot out of a gun.  I wouldn't have realized that was what it was suppose to be had you not told us about it ahead of time.  Then the second time they showed it, I heard the word "bang" at the end.  The scenery was beautiful though.  I'll have to watch more closely next time they show it to see more of your area.

For some reason, the commercials in general shown during the game weren't that great this year.  The only one that I thought was funny was the one where the white cat turns over the guy's pot of spaghetti sauce.  He's holding it by the neck with a big knife in the other hand when his girlfriend comes home and the sauce looked like blood on the floor.  Although I'm a cat lover, I found the humor in that commercial!   :lol:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 05:10:12 PM »

Cheryl,

Wasn't that ad for Ameriquest?  The company had two commercials in which strange things happened, and people there drew conclusions without knowing anything else.  Its point was that it gives away loans to all kinds of people.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 07:18:59 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Cheryl,

Wasn't that ad for Ameriquest?  The company had two commercials in which strange things happened, and people there drew conclusions without knowing anything else.  Its point was that it gives away loans to all kinds of people.

You are probably correct, Desmond, but I really don't recall.  Frankly, if a commercial amuses me, I rarely remember what product they are trying to sell me.  I tend to remember the products that have annoying or repetitive commercials more and refuse to buy that product.  Too bad these companies don't understand how counterproductive that is.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 09:05:41 PM »

My favorite ad was the one with the bikers and how they would not stop at that one diner/saloon due to all the trucks.  Next was the one of the star on the way to to awards having to hitch a ride and then everyone getting on the band wagon of the pepsi rigs, right down to the monster one.  They said on the news that the reluctant sky diver was voted the best.  I didn't get to vote.

Cheryl wrote:

Then the second time they showed it, I heard the word "bang" at the end. The scenery was beautiful though. I'll have to watch more closely next time they show it to see more of your area.

If you listen carefully, you can also hear a clink clank of the empty shell hitting the pavement right after the bang remark.  Or maybe it was before but I think the noise was afterwards.  I'm confused.  We do have quite beautiful country out here.  We have lots of evergreen trees, madrone, oak, myrtle, redwoods and others.  Also have a lot of rock mountains along with deep canyons and beautiful rivers and creeks.  Must also mention the beautiful coast with all the rocks and and dunes.
sally
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2005, 10:16:39 PM »

Vivian, I have a friend that works for GM Parts, and he's being transferred to Oregon...Beaverton, to be exact.  When he went to find a place to live, he said it was some of the most beautiful country he's seen!

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 04:41:41 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Sorry, Viv.  I didn't watch a minute of the game.  I watched 'Seabiscuit' instead.

Sally
Good for you, Sally. I absolutely love that movie, and the best part is that the story, for the most part, is true. Read the book if you have not done so. It is extremely well done.
D ick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2005, 09:58:18 PM »

Sally, Beaverton is about 300 miles north of us.  It is close to Portland, like a suburb sort of.  Too many people for me.  I still like the small isolated towns about 50 to 60 miles away from the halfway big ones.
sally
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2005, 10:12:19 PM »

Viv,

I bet John would like the smaller towns, too, but I don't think GMAC gave him much choice.  At least he's close to it!

An, yes, I have read the book Seabuscuit, long before the movie.  I was very impressed with both of them.  Definitely superior to watching a football game I don't care about!

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: