November 20, 2017, 04:45:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wow !!!!! where the brains  (Read 1160 times)
Smallblock bored
« on: February 07, 2005, 02:17:29 AM »

Why would FOX show the # 31 cingular car on a Daytona promo? Not only are there alot more popular drivers and sponsors but the damn car is not even running!!!! Did you say contract...? Who knows who cares but what a low class piece of garbage production. TV is junk.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 01:48:31 PM »

Quote from: "Smallblock bored"
Why would FOX show the # 31 cingular car on a Daytona promo? Not only are there alot more popular drivers and sponsors but the damn car is not even running!!!! Did you say contract...? Who knows who cares but what a low class piece of garbage production. TV is junk.

I'm assuming you meant during the "pop-up" ad during the Super Bowl.  What I noticed were the UPS and Bud cars as well as the Cingular, all of which are primary sponsors on the race broadcasts.  To me, that explains why they were shown.  Nothing different than the past 4 seasons since Fox started doing race broadcasts.  The sponsors who buy commercials during their broadcasts get shown more often.

I can't even remember who will be in the Cingular car this year.  Jeff Burton?

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 05:05:10 PM »

Cheryl,

Yes, that will be Jeff Burton in the #31 this year.

This has been one of the most disappointing teams NASCAR has seen ever.  The only reason Cingular returned was the TV exposure.  They knew that the #31 team was the only one they could support, and they probably pushed hard for J. Burton (who used to be very good) to be in the car.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 05:40:06 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Yes, that will be Jeff Burton in the #31 this year.

This has been one of the most disappointing teams NASCAR has seen ever.  The only reason Cingular returned was the TV exposure.  They knew that the #31 team was the only one they could support, and they probably pushed hard for J. Burton (who used to be very good) to be in the car.

Well, Fox and NBC certainly give that car plenty of exposure because Cingular is buying commercial time on the broadcasts.  Personally, I'd rather hear how Jeff Burton is doing than the previous driver of the 31 car (though I know you and a lot of folks here like R. Gordon).  Hopefully, Jeff will do some things worthy of the air time this season.

BTW, speaking of RCR, anybody see the rumors on Jayski that Penske might be looking at Kevin Harvick in the future?  I thought that was quite interesting.  Though I'm not crazy about his attitude the last few years, I think he is a talented driver.  He's really not done a whole lot with his RCR ride though.  Only 3 or 4 wins in four seasons?  Perhaps a change might help out all parties.  Miller seems to be pushing to put Newman in Rusty's ride after this season, so from what I read, Penske might offer Harvick the 12 ride.  

Cheryl
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 05:55:57 PM »

I think Jeff will turn that car around.  He has been a backmarker at Roush for a while but Richard has been trying to get him for a while.  He mentioned that Dale wanted him to get Jeff a few years ago.  RCR I think is really going to try to give him whatever he needs to put the 31 up front again.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Smallblock bored
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2005, 04:10:59 AM »

Holy retractions Batman ! After farting around on the comp here and showing a few house guests some sites and such about racing pryor and during the superbowl it seems that one took the liberty of posting this Cingular thing. I regret this mistake that was made as I am encircled with "students". After I saw what I saw in a fit of rage I attempted to toilet paper his but it was raining. I should have been more aware when I heard the phrase "hey mike....I put something up there".
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »

huh?..Am I the only that does not understand that? :?

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Vivian
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2005, 10:02:15 PM »

Ditto what Beth said.   :?  Now that makes 2 of us.
Smallblock bored
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2005, 05:03:19 AM »

The remark of Cingular car being used in the promos for Daytona......as it seems it seems my phantom post is  (was) under the impression that Cingular was out of Nashole due to robbie gordons pardon..not in contact with the 31 car as seperate thing from driver alone....it's a long hard road but when you sit with the patients as I do sometimes it goes nuts.....I was afraid a few would that I "the great know it all" would be found guilty of thinking cingular was out  ........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: