November 19, 2017, 05:55:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The theory of bad things in threes  (Read 652 times)
Desmond
All-Star

« on: January 24, 2005, 05:55:28 PM »

Follow me here.

Sunday, the king died.  Johnny Carson, 30 years the host of The Tonight Show, passed away at age 79.  The first reports came only an hour before kickoff of the game between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Atlanta Falcons.

On Dec. 26, 2004, Reggie White, former star of the Eagles and Green Bay Packers, died suddenly near Charlotte.  Two hours after word was received, the NFL began Week 16.

Finally, on June 5, 2004, President Ronald Reagan died.  Less than an hour after the first reports, Smarty Jones, the wonder horse who was based at Philadelphia Park, went after the Belmont Stakes win and the Triple Crown.  'Jones was passed with about 80 yards remaining.

Do you believe now?...

By the way, I want to ask the users about their favorite Carson segment.  Mine was Karnac the Magnificent (ordinary answers followed by ridiculous questions).

:cry:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 07:16:11 PM »

Yes that was funny but I also liked when he had animals on too. They always did something that he could make fun.  Also liked when he had real ads or newspaper articles that had stupid sayings or double meanings.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Vivian
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 09:11:43 PM »

That is sad news, of course.  However, I must admit that I never watched his show.  Nor have I ever watched SNL, Leno, Letterman, Dr. Phil, Dr. Ruth, Geraldo or listened to Rush L.  I may have watched Regis and Kathy once and Good Morning America a couple of times.  Just always had other important stuff to do.  

Reggie White was another story.  I watched him for years and I followed RR for most of my life, both in the movies and when he was President.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 10:53:31 PM »

I never watched SNL either.  I think the only time I did watch it all the way through was when Jeff hosted it.  I tried this Saturday to watch it and did not make it 15 minutes.  I just don't care for that kind of humor.  I do watch Leno once in a while, and like Regis and Kelly but I work so I don't get to watch that often.  Don't care enough to tape it except this Wed and Thurs when Jeff co-hosts. Cheesy

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:15:06 PM »

Isn,t there a prophecy or something called the prophecy of 3 it was mentioned either on charmed or angel?
sally
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2005, 11:41:54 PM »

Carson was always great with the animals, but my 2 favorites were the "clean copper clappers" bit he did with Jack Webb, and the take=off of "Who's on First?".  The man was unique.

I used to watch SNL when it first started with Belushi, Ackroyd, Bill Murry, Buck Henry, etc.  I've tried to watch it over the last few years, but find it insipid and sophmoric.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: