November 21, 2017, 03:43:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How is the weather  (Read 1489 times)
Vivian
« on: January 06, 2005, 11:00:04 PM »

where some of you members are?

Sally?  Desmond?  Beth?  Everyone?Huh??

We are foggy, cold and snow on ground with new storm coming in soon...
sally
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 11:04:39 PM »

Vivian, Staci and I are fine here.  They had predicted up to 8" or snow here, but we barely got 5, and spread out over several hours.  I had high hopes of getting a snow day from school, but it didn't happen.  Ah, to get one's hopes up, only to get them dashed!

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 04:49:02 PM »

It is raining here.  Again...

Four storms have arrived here in the last two weeks.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 09:09:44 PM »

Desmond, I spent a whole week in Southern California, and it rained every day. Never thought I'd see that happen.

BTW, have you ever seen the Reagan Library in Simi Valley? We were there a week or so ago. It is worth the trip. The scenery is fantastic. They are building a new hangar for R R's Air Force One. Pretty interesting.
 See ya,
Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 09:28:58 PM »

Woke up to more snow this morning.  Before we moved here, everyone told us if it snowed, it would melt by mid afternoon.  What a bunch of crock!  I am not complaining.  Was just misinformed.  We live about 10 miles from where I am now and the first 2 miles of the drive was so very beautiful with the pristine snow and hardly any tire swipes.

There are crazy tailgaters on the road with no idea of how to drive or brake on slick or slushy roads.  Major hiway from us to coast has been closed since 8:30 this morning due to accidents.  Crazy, crazy drivers....
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 09:44:45 PM »

It is cool and rainy here.  We have had more rain in this desert the last few weeks than in a long time.  It is depressing me big time.  I am not used to it.  Looking forward to the sunny 100 degree weather!

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 05:31:09 PM »

Still raining here, fourth straight day...

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 10:11:32 PM »

Desmond, how close are you to all the flooding I have been seeing on tv?  I sure hope you are not in a danger area.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 04:44:38 PM »

My son e mailed me some pictures of a mud covered 101 Freeway, just a few miles north of where they live. I was on that stretch a couple of weeks ago.

I hope that it quits raining out there soon.

We colud use a few dry days here too. The Big Muddy (OHIO) River is really flooding. Always something. :cry:

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 05:09:12 PM »

There was a fatal mudslide in Ventura County and rescuers are still there looking for bodies.

The rain should end by tonight.

Also, see my post about one of those rescued from another flooded area of southern California.  There is an interesting observation on the post.

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 04:55:56 PM »

The mudslide has now killed 11 people.  Searchers are still there, looking for miracles.

:cry:

Vivian
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 10:08:34 PM »

It is awful the way things keep happening.  Even in Utah they are having floods that are so dangerous.  So many people and homes in danger.  My heart just broke for the man who was out getting ice cream only to come home and discover he had lost his wife and children and home.  Of course, my heart just breaks for them all and all the tsunami victims.  I feel so fortunate as I am sure everyone else does who has not had any of these problems.
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2005, 04:23:27 PM »

Desmond, have you seen some of the aerial photos of the La Conchita slide? Unbelievable. This is about 10 - 15 miles north of my son's house.

42 to go.

William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 05:20:46 PM »

The man Vivian referred to, Jimmy Wallet, was on the Today show (NBC) this morning.  A link to a fund to pay funeral and other expenses is at this address:

http://today.msnbc.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: