November 18, 2017, 11:18:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Article on SPEED Channel's 2005 Line-Up  (Read 1008 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: January 24, 2005, 02:51:18 PM »

Here's an article from Bob Henry at thatsracin.com about the line-up on SPEED channel for this season.  I'm really sorry to hear that Inside Winston Cup is being expanded to 90 minutes this year.  What used to be my favorite show (of any kind) on TV has gone downhill in the last year IMHO.  Too much sucking up by everyone and an hour of Michael Waltrip's constant "me, me, me" was already wearing on the nerves.  So I guess they had to add an extra 30 minutes just for Michael.   :evil:   Henry also pans SPEED for dumping Pit Bull, something I agree with 100%.  Here's the link:

http://www.thatsracin.com/mld/thatsracin/10715702.htm

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 05:46:18 PM »

Part of the article implied that Pit Bull was cancelled because the guests were too loud.  Excuse me, that is the nature of discussion shows.  In fact, producers encourage these acts, only to issue bald-faced denials later.

Now they may invite a few of them to NASCAR Nation?  Thanks for covering butt, guys.

And what about Wind Tunnel?  In the four-night format, Dave Despain had on a wide variety of guests and callers.  The show will now be more narrowly focused, due to the time slot alone.  This will hurt the publicity efforts around the world of motorsports.

Oh, well, there's always time for Unique Whips, whatever that means.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 06:52:58 PM »

And if it is on Sunday nights, when will he be able to have Nascar drivers on as guests?  I really liked watching him throughout the week.  That is #1 decision I don't like.  #2 is the cancellation of Pit Bull.  I really liked hearing some objective criticism of NASCAR instead of the obsequious sniveling butt kissing on INC.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Vivian
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 09:23:45 PM »

Well, everything has to bite the dust and it seems Speed Channel is making a lot of it bite hard.  I will truely miss Dave Despain's weeknight show.  I probably will not be watching Inside Cup (Cheryl is still IWC and I just go IC  :twisted: ) nor any of the other shows.  I know there must be motorcyle racing on ESPN and II.  Gee, think of all the time I will have since I won't be glued to the set looking for real Nascar stuff.  Maybe they are doing us a favor by cutting a lot of stuff.  It will make our withdrawals a little easier.  Sorry to be so cynical.
sally
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2005, 11:27:12 PM »

I think that giving the 30 minutes that used to be a look at Nascar from the real world in Pit Bull to the kiss ups' on IWC sucks.  I wonder how much more brown nosing Michael can ge into that extra 30 minutes?

Sally
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 12:01:42 AM »

I agree. I have stopped watching IWC simply because I can't stand Mikey, as well as some of the substitutes they get, like Herman and Spencer. Too bad, it used to be pretty good.

Except for the truck races, and some of the sprints and things like that, I could care less about Speed channel. Sad

About 30 to go!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 05:44:47 PM »

Follow-up to an earlier post:

Speed Channel may expand Speed News to a nightly show.  This would make up for the loss of Wind Tunnel a bit, because it would still be a showcase for the world of racing.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 09:38:30 PM »

I would watch Speed News.  I enjoy hearing what all racing is doing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: