November 21, 2017, 01:21:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bless the Man!  (Read 879 times)
sally
« on: January 04, 2005, 12:18:54 PM »

Thank God for Matt McLaughlin!

http://www.racingone.com/column.asp?artnum=21342

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 02:35:38 PM »

Yep!  Another great article by Matt.  Thanks for posting the link, Sally!  I particularly like where he says that rather than France being "person of the year" the fans who are tuning OUT of NASCAR ought to get that honor.  I couldn't agree more.  Hopefully the only way NASCAR will get back to the competition we all learned to love is if the fans let their displeasure be heard by not buying race tickets or not watching the races on TV.  I know Lou and I are doing our part towards that end in 2005.  

Matt also speaks for me when he said "TV ratings were in general flat or down in 2004, particularly in the early parts of the season during Darrell Waltripís reign of aural terror."  Unfortunately, that only brings home how glad I am to have XM radio now, so I can switch to MRN when that terror gets too much for me.  Makes me NOT look forward to the first half of the season much this year.   Sad

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 06:47:23 PM »

My whole attitude to the next 'season' of racing is cool at best.  For the first time in MANY years, I am not counting the days until Daytona.  Well, maybe the 24 Hours.
Sally
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 10:09:37 PM »

The link would never load the article for me.  I went to racingone but could not find it either.  Maybe you can do a copy and paste?  Thanks
sally
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 01:01:15 AM »

Vivian, the article seems to have disappeared from the website since I read it this morning.  The link from Jayski goes to a blank page, and I couldn't find it anywhere on the site.  Nascar censorship hits again.

sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 03:05:05 AM »

I just saw both your posts and clicked on the link Sally had in her original post and it still works for me.  Not sure what the problem might be for your guys.  Unless it's loading it from the cache in my computer from this morning or something...

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 12:03:23 PM »

It's working for me again this morning, too.  Don't know what was going on.  Maybe the site removed it, then got enough protests that they put it back on.  Anyway, it's still a great article.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 10:29:27 PM »

Finally got it to work.  It was a GREAT article.  Don bought an issue of Stock Car Racing last night and there were several letters on the Backfire page that I wish everyone could read.  I will try to scan it later and see if I can post them.  Don't know if you can go to their web site and read without being a member or subscriber but their web addy is  http://www.stockcarracing.com  I haven't checked it either.  Will later.

Thanks for letting us know to try again, Cheryl   :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: