November 19, 2017, 08:49:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wind Tunnel  (Read 1732 times)
sally
« on: December 21, 2004, 12:13:15 PM »

Read that Wind Tunnel will be expanded to 2 hours on Sunday night ONLY.  Speed says this is to get fan reaction immediately after the races.

Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 04:49:28 PM »

Guess they need weekday hours for more Tuner Transformations. Sunday is a good idea but why not Mon-Thur also? I usually watch the races on tape after work and by the time I get done with the Nascar and IRL races it is time to rewind the tape in the other VCR and watch the Simpsons. hopefully they will show a rerun later in the AM.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 06:37:14 PM »

So they are adding a night for a two hour show?  That will be cool as long as they take more calls.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 03:29:32 AM »

Wind Tunnel will be shown Sunday only, no weekdays.

BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 03:50:59 PM »

I think it stinks.  I enjoyed the weekday shows.  I am sure now they will not have any NASCAR drivers coming in since it is on Sunday nights.  Leave it to whomever to take a good thing and ruin it.  Sunday night I have to get ready for work the next day, etc.  Not a good night to watch TV.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 03:52:27 PM »

Oh yeah and now maybe we will get some more scintillating shows during the week lie Barrett-Jackson. :roll:   Now there is some must see TV :roll:

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 04:49:30 PM »

Can't wait to see what Speed Channel's plans are for the week.  Maybe more of the shows already mentioned, maybe some new movies or TV shows as ESPN has.

Are you ready for "Speed Channel Original Entertainment"?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 09:13:28 PM »

Why do they have to ruin a good thing???  I will never be able to watch it on Sunday.  That is the only movie night we do.  Just can't believe they would junk that one for some of the ones they call 'entertainment'.  Ugh...... Sad
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 05:09:46 PM »

Jayski's site has an article on the change. I'm not happy with it :cry:

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 06:55:51 PM »

I've never been much of a fan of Wind Tunnel, so this change really makes no difference to me.  Won't watch it anymore now than I did before.  Sunday nights in our house are reserved for original programming on HBO and Showtime.  

But I know a lot of folks liked Wind Tunnel because it was one of the few shows left that focused on all kinds of racing, not just NASCAR.  I'm afraid from what I've read that this change to Sunday nights will turn it towards just more NASCAR stuff, and I think there are going to be a lot or disapointed fans of other types of racing.  Just my two cents...

As to Desmond's suggestion that the weeknights might spout "original programming from SPEED," I shudder to think what that might mean, knowing that SPEED is owned by Fox.  It makes me have ugly visions of Simpsons-type stuff or other shows like Fox broadcasts.   No offense to those who like the Simpsons; it's just not kind of thing.  

Cheryl
sally
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 12:45:57 AM »

I expect we will see more of the marsupial ('Possum) and the sleazy chick that bounces thru the infield.  Yippee.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 06:19:09 PM »

Or how about My Big Fat Obnoxious Race Team Owner, luring in hotshots for a NASCAR ride that turns out to be phony?  Or When Good Race Car Drivers Go Bad: Caught on Tape, featuring Robby Gordon, Jimmy Spencer, and Scott Wimmer? :lol:  :lol:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 06:07:41 PM »

Maybe Nascar did not like the outspoken and honest way Dave talked about things.  He was not afraid to say what he felt although most of the time he was very diplomatic about it.  Not quite as bad as Pit Bulls but he was not afraid to express an opinion and now he can't do that as much or as often.
sally
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2004, 08:08:53 PM »

But he thought the "chase" was the best thing since sliced bread.  You would think that, since it's mainly the media that loves it, Nascar would keep him repeating the Party Line on TV as often as possible.  Still haven't seen an on line poll for fans that thas the format winning.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: