November 25, 2017, 12:51:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Santa  (Read 413 times)
marrtinigirl
Wiley Veteran

« on: December 17, 2004, 02:40:44 PM »

Dear Santa:

I realize that I am a bit old to be writing, but you seem to be the last person I can turn to.  I have a pretty big Christmas Wish List, but since you are good at working miracles, perhaps you could come through for me.  I am willing to give up anything you may have been bringing to my kid if you can just grant me these things:

1.  Please give NASCAR back to ESPN and ABC.  See, this isn't totally selfish, I am wanting gifts for others.

2.  Please find in your big red bag a couple of race dates for Darlington and Rockingham.  They have been really good the past couple of years and seem to have gotten a lump of coal.

3.  Please bring a dictionary to Kurt Busch so he knows what all of those big words mean before he uses them in public.

4.  Please grant Nextel and Brian France with some racing knowledge and understanding of what it really means to be "Proud to be fans."

5.  Please bring laryngitis to Darrell Waltrip.

6.  PLEASE bring back the 36-race season and do away with this silly 10 race chase.

7.  Please bring back smoking to Bristol.  I can't sit through a whole race without a cigarette, and I am not going to pay 130 bucks a ticket to miss most of the action.

8.  Please grant every new race fan with the knowledge of what tight and loose are so it doesn't have to be explained 12 times a race.

9.  Please take away the "If the race ended now" graphics and find those people real jobs.  

10. And last, but not least, please find a way to make racing exciting again.  Not this created "excitement" that we are told we have to like, but real excitement, the kind that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

I know this is a long list, and I realize it is awfully close to Christmas to be writing.  So, if you find it impossible to fill all of my wishes, perhaps you could just land your sleigh on Brian France and let the reindeer trample him a bit.

Thank you Santa.

Staci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: