November 23, 2017, 01:47:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jayski to ESPN!  (Read 928 times)
sally
« on: December 03, 2004, 12:22:56 PM »

I read that Jayski, starting in January, will be hosted by ESPN, not That's Racing.  Gives another boost to the rumor that ESPN wants Nascar back on their network, doesn't it?  I find myself wondering, however, if Nascar and Fox/NBC will find a way to sabotage this the way they did RPM2Night?
Sally :roll:
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:11:30 PM »

I just read that also.  Surprised me.  Although I like ESPN, I am not really sure of their priorities so don't know how long it will last.   :?
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 04:32:38 AM »

I just hope that Jayski isn't swallowed up by the corporate mentality of ESPN.  They ask you for a lot in return once you join the network, including a large amount of corporate loyalty and the willingness to kiss its butt.  That formula has worked for people like Dick Vitale and Chris Berman.

On the plus side, it could mean regular appearances on SportsCenter, Pardon the Interruption, Around the Horn, Cold Pizza, and other shows for Jayski.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 10:23:17 PM »

Could be a good thing.  Only time will tell.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 06:30:45 PM »

Quote from: "BAM24/25"
Could be a good thing.  Only time will tell.

I for one, think it is pretty neat!  Glad to see Jayski get acknowledgment by a TV media source now.  Thatsracin was a good affiliation, but it's still just the web site of the Charlotte Observer newspaper.  Now he'll be affiliated with a TV network.  I've followed Jayski since he posted his "silly season" rumors on my r.a.s.n. in 95-96, so it's great to see him getting a deal with a powerhouse like ESPN.

Also, it makes me hope ESPN is really going to make a push to get NASCAR back.  Maybe hosting Jayski's site is the first step...

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 05:33:44 PM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"

I've followed Jayski since he posted his "silly season" rumors on my r.a.s.n. in 95-96, so it's great to see him getting a deal with a powerhouse like ESPN.

Just curious.  What does "r.a.s.n." stand for?  Is it some kind of computer network?

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 06:51:45 PM »

Quote from: "Desmond"
Quote from: "Cheryl"

I've followed Jayski since he posted his "silly season" rumors on my r.a.s.n. in 95-96, so it's great to see him getting a deal with a powerhouse like ESPN.

Just curious.  What does "r.a.s.n." stand for?  Is it some kind of computer network?

Sorry, I've talked about it before.  It's a internet newsgroup:

rec.auto.sports.nascar = r.a.s.n.

The private racing email group I belong to is a spin-off from that public group.  We call ourselves e-rasn.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: