November 20, 2017, 06:33:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: As I rise up this morning  (Read 884 times)
maxcres
Sophmore

« on: March 14, 2004, 01:17:43 PM »

As I rise up this I made a promise to myself that I will thoroughly enjoy what I consider to be the best race track on the Nascar circuit, the Atlanta Motor Speedway. No matter what is going in the booth, I will fully hone in on the action taken place on the track.  
1) I will overlook the fact that my television strangely resembles an arcade while watching it.  
2) I will overlook the fact that chris meyers is highly inept in his nascar know how.
3) I will overlook that mike joy has lost control of his booth.
4) I will overlook the burning sensation in my ear due to constant chatter. 5) I will overlook (and turn down the volume) when a certain set a JAWS yell's some moronic and childlike three little pigs, uh, I mean three little words at the beginning of the race.
6) I will overlook good ole Larry Mac seemingly starting every breath with "I mean".
7) I will overlook personal matters being discussed and conveyed. That one might be hard considering I just love to hear announcers speak about their wives, their momma, their daddy, their kinfolks birthday, their own book, the problem their nanny is having with her judgemental husband.
Cool I will overlook jeff hammond acting like a hee haw while knowing that he has an excellent mind as it pertains to racing.

I know what everybody is thinking, "ummm, I wonder what clinic is Phillip typing these absurd and hopelessly perilous thoughts from".  Well, if you must know, I 'm at the Center for the FOX impaired.  They have treated me with with a full glass of optimistic immunety  which I guzzled in one swift swig. They say it should kick in at approx. 1:38pm est and last until roughly 4:00pm to 4:30 pm est. No response from them when I asked if I could purchase sixteen more bottles.
sally
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2004, 06:56:43 PM »

Max, I wish you success with your rehab.  I hope it is more successful than mine, which didn't survive the first Fox broadcast.  I expect to be gnashing my teeth and throwing things as soon as the Bbbb's hit the air.  Please, let me be pleasantly surprised this time! :oops:
Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 02:15:20 AM »

Oh Phillip, your post is the only thing that made my laugh all day long!  Thank you, thank you!  I didn't see it until about 8:00 Sunday night, but that's when I needed it the most after watching that race today.  I'm not even going to begin on the broadcast as I have tons of notes to use for a review which probably won't get done until tomorrow.  

Just the race itself!  How on earth did NASCAR manage to turn a race at Atlanta into such a bore?  They obviously brought out a competition caution there or every car in the field would've been lapped by halfway.

I hate to say it, but I think the racing was actually more exciting last week at Las Vegas.  Sally will probably disown me, but jeesh two recent winners, (Bobby Labonte and Harvick), were lapped within the first 100 miles!  I can't believe I waited all week for this race?Huh?   :cry:

I can only hope Darlington will provide some closer racing and a little more excitement.

Cheryl
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:24:47 AM »

and after this race there will be some who overlook the ledge on top of their building contemplating jumping off...

Lou

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: