November 18, 2017, 11:18:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More on TV ratings  (Read 651 times)
alfers
Veteran

« on: December 08, 2004, 08:40:20 PM »

Season TV Ratings up 2%: Final figures show the average rating for all
Nextel Cup races this year rose 2% to 5.0, Street & Smith's SportsBusiness
Journal reports. Staff writer Andy Bernstein says most of the gain was
attributable to a jump in the 10 races that made up the Chase For The Nextel
Cup. Those races averaged a 4.6 household rating, up from 4.1 last year,
although last year's figures were lowered because of a rain delay in one of
the races. Bernstein reports that demographic breakdowns show that the
ratings for men 18 to 34 fell from 2.9 to 2.8 this year, while the figures
for men 18 to 49 remained at 4.1.

I guess my math is all off.  Ratings for men 18 to 34 fell.  And the remaining portion of the line says 18-49 remained the same.  Does this mean women pushed the ratings up?  
I find it hard to believe males over the age of 49 increased viewing.  That would only mean the teeny boppers propped it up.  If that's the case, I'm sure the increase will only be a passing trend in NASCAR.

I'd be interested to know how the football ratings over the same period went.  How many football stadiums that were sold out last year weren't sold out this year.  Does this mean FOX propped up the ratings for NBC so they could take revenue out of their own pockets?  Very fuzzy here.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 08:53:41 PM »

Does look kinda strange to me also.  Just where did the uppage come from?  Are there more female fans now in the younger age group?  Maybe all the cute, single drivers and even good looking married ones have cultivated a groupie thing.  Who knows?  Seems like they do show an awful lot of young females roaming around the pits pretty often.  Jr alone must have one humungous following.  And I know both Kasey Kahne and Jamie McMurray must have many, many, many....If I were young I would be in those pits following Jamie myself.   :twisted:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: