November 19, 2017, 08:45:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another view of the Banquet  (Read 560 times)
sally
« on: December 07, 2004, 04:26:42 AM »

Monte Dutton had several interesting articles today.  This was his about the banquet.

http://www.gastongazette.com/Portal/ASP/sports/nascar/nascarDisplay.asp?ID=1310

Sally
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 04:48:20 PM »

I did not realize the speeches are scripted and have to be approved.  Monte has some good points.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

Vivian
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 09:25:59 PM »

Very interesting article.  However, it is hard to believe that they script every phrase.  Jamie did not use all the teleprompter stuff and seemed to make some genuine remarks that they possibly would not have put in his script as did Tony and Jr.  I like to believe that they do have choices.  No one could have been more open and sincere than Jamie was.  I thought his acceptance was the best of the evening.   Cool Tony made remarks that Helton definitely did not like even though Brian smiled at the same remarks.  Then Jr threw in the remark about 10 in a season didn't mean "crap" because his Dad won 11.  I just don't think they would have put all that in a scripted speech.  JMO.  Although they get paid to do their job, sometimes I think the media just tries to start controversy.  Again, jmo...
sally
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:06:24 AM »

Vivian, I can easily believe that Nascar vets all the speeches.  Otherwise, how many of the drivers do you think would have gushed over Baby Brian and his new points system?  Luckily, not all the drivers chose to go with the teleprompter...and were much better, and entertaining, for it.  After squashing Pit Bull because they criticised Nascar too much (and I'll never believe the ratings were what killed it), I'm sure they not so subltly let the drivers know what was expected of them.  Love the chase OR ELSE.

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: