November 24, 2017, 10:36:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does bristol have a noise ordinance thing like richmond does  (Read 647 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: December 06, 2004, 01:31:16 AM »

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not bristol has a noise ordinance thing like richmond that,s the reason i think the richmond race in 2001 or 02? was cancelled and why the next day it wasn,t restarted until afternoon i think because of the churchgoers.

I was curious if anyone knew whether or not bristol had a noise ordinance thing ad if that would explain why a few races in bristol,s history if it would explain why a few races have been postponed and shortened because of rain like the spring 96 race.

I know the 1984 or 85 bristol spring cup race where they had a rain delay eventually was postponed and ran the next saturday.

During the rain delay i,ve been told that dring that broadcast on air they showed bob benny and larry nuber down in the pit area or in the booth 1 of the 2 places they were playing gin rummy i think.
sally
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 04:14:13 AM »

I don't know for sure, but I doubt Bristol has a noise ordinance.  I think the only consideration for postponing the race is how long the people who work the race have been on duty.  The police are on duty from early in the day till well after the race.  Same for track workers, etc.  Bristol has been delayed several times because of rain, and they usually manage to get the race run Sat. night.  Lou or Cheryl might have more about this than I do.

Sally
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 01:10:52 AM »

Quote from: "sally"
Lou or Cheryl might have more about this than I do.

Yes they do have a noise ordinance. The more noise the better  :lol:

Lou

sally
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 04:08:19 AM »

Those are my kind of folks!
Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: