November 20, 2017, 02:38:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What NBC/TNT Needs to Do in 2005  (Read 493 times)
jw
Wiley Veteran

« on: November 27, 2004, 08:33:39 PM »

I'm only doing this so that I can speak my peace on this subject.
Overall: NBC/TNT was very disappointing in their coverage this season.

For 2005, NBC/TNT needs to do the following:
----------------------------------------------------
1. Music Package-Bring back the music from the first 4 seasons.  At least,
that music was easy to recognize.
2. Scroll-Get rid of it!  At Homestead, the scroll took 1 minute & 5 seconds
to go through all 43 positions.  More than 2 laps of racing takes place BEFORE the scroll starts over.  
3. Font style-What in the world is that style.  It's hard to read, especially with the blue background.
4. Note to the Producer: there are more than 5 cars on the track.  Cover the race
5. Commericals-too many  Find a way to make the race enjoyable to watch while not making it an infomerical at the same time
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2004, 09:51:13 PM »

AMEN!  The superiority of NBC over Fox used to be huge.  Unfortunately this year NBC seems to be trying too hard to emulate the Yahoos on Fox.  The final 10 races were particularly embarrassing for them, since they got so caught up in 'the chase', they forhot to cover the race.  Too bad the fans of drivers who didn't make the chosen 10 couldn't keep track of their favorite during the last 10 races.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:19:44 PM »

Bless you, JW.  You write our minds so well.  But in the case of the scroll, since the announcers don't always keep us up on all things, then it is necessary if we don't have a pylon.  I always figure it is behind on the lap but then it at least lets me know who is off track, out or even moving back or toward the front plus who is laps down.

Thanks again for keeping us up on the commercials all year.  You are a great member to have.  We must come up with a reward of sorts.  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: