November 21, 2017, 08:57:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horrible Broadcast!  (Read 687 times)
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« on: November 20, 2004, 01:08:28 AM »

Just when I thought the Truck Broadcast Team couldn't get any worse, they disappointed even my low expectations tonight.  I really just wanted to turn the sound down through the entire race, but I knew Lou wouldn't let me.  Why on earth they needed FOUR people in the booth is beyond me.  And then we need TWO motormouth Waltrips.   :evil:

Mr. My Ego Cannot Be Outdone has to tell us "there is only one way to start a NASCAR race..." and I immediately ff the Tivo only I forgot that the damn thing jumps back about 10 seconds and I ended up being tortured with BBB anyway.  Agghhhh

After that, there seemed to be a race in the booth to see who could talk the fastest and shrillest between the two Waltrips, with Phil being shrill  to try and compete.  And Rick "I still am over my head" Allen either telling us wrong information or just repeating what someone else just said.  He even told us Bobby Labonte was our new Craftsman Truck Champion.  

At one point, someone tried to tell us what a good job the 07 driver was doing leading the race and DW just had to interupt him to tell us how much he likes Carl Edwards.  Now I like Carl myself, but the boy leading the race deserved a moment in the sun.  

Thank God that broadcast is over or I think my head really was going to explode soon.  It had me thinking I'd have to get headphones for the XM so I can listen to it during the Fox half of next season while Lou is watching the TV.  2 1/2 hours of DW was already too much for me.  Wait, make that 2 1/2 minutes.  

Cheryl
Roberta
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 04:31:25 AM »

Two Waltrips in the booth are at least two too many. :x

he old Hotrodders far better half
sally
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 02:00:34 PM »

That's an understatement!

Sally
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 03:43:12 PM »

WOW!! I was going to post positive comments about the broadcast. Stuff like the focus was on the race not the championship battle, how the viewer did not have to endure mile after mile of one truck running in the lead, almost ignoring the fact the Cup pretty boy Kasey Kahne was leading, a lot of drivers getting camera time (althought they could have done better on that). I guess my opinion differs Cheesy

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 07:58:59 AM »

Quote from: "Cheryl"
And Rick "I still am over my head" Allen either telling us wrong information or just repeating what someone else just said.  He even told us Bobby Labonte was our new Craftsman Truck Champion.

To quote WWE's Booker T, "did he really say that?"

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2004, 02:27:05 PM »

Quote from: "drpep (brian)"
WOW!! I was going to post positive comments about the broadcast. Stuff like the focus was on the race not the championship battle, how the viewer did not have to endure mile after mile of one truck running in the lead, almost ignoring the fact the Cup pretty boy Kasey Kahne was leading, a lot of drivers getting camera time (althought they could have done better on that). I guess my opinion differs Cheesy

Brian, you make some excellent points and please don't ever be afraid to speak your mind here.  I know I'm extremely biased when it comes to anything that DW is involved in.  

I don't ever want anyone here to stifle their comments about the TV broadcasts.  If we all agree that serves no purpose at all for the networks.  Everyone's point of view brings different things to the forum and that's really what we need here.  Thanks for speaking up!   Smiley
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 03:06:50 AM »

Waltrips or no Waltrips, this is how the Cup race should have been covered.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 08:49:21 PM »

Although I tried to shut out the 2 Waltrips and was unsuccessful, I still think the broadcast was okay.  We got to see racing in the pack and got to hear about quite a few of the drivers and something other than the chase for a while.  I agree with Brian on this one.  They did get on my nerves but I do think some of the good stuff overshadowed them a bit.   Smiley  , thank goodness.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: