November 24, 2017, 04:54:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One to Go...  (Read 336 times)
jw
Wiley Veteran

« on: November 18, 2004, 06:05:16 PM »

The 2004 NASCAR Nextel Cup season comes to an end this weekend at
Homestead with 5 drivers with a chance at the Nextel Cup Title.  I'll be
watching & taping the race with an open mind & will support whoever wins
the race & the title.

A Couple of Points to Remember:
---------------------------------------
1. Dale Earnhardt, Jr. is just 48 points away from that 25 points penalty
from Talladega becoming a major problem for NASCAR.  He may have lost
points at Atlanta & Darlington, BUT his fans will point to Talladega as where the title was lost.  NASCAR will never be forgiven if Earnhardt, Jr.
loses the title by less than 25 pts. Sunday.
2. Jimmie Johnson & Jeff Gordon will go all out Sunday for Hendrick Motorsports.  They have the motivation to win for Rick Hendrick.
3. Kurt Busch cannot afford a bad race or car trouble.  Busch has the pit crew that can get him positions if needed.
4. Mark Martin will be the sentinmental choice but will need bad things to
happen to have to have a chance.

No bashing of whoever wins the title will come from me.  Just passing along some thoughts & the possibilty that one big PR mess for NASCAR
can still happen.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 02:08:48 AM »

Like JW, I will not bash anyone no matter who wins.  

But, IMO, I don't think Nascar will have that much of a problem if the 25 points play into Jr losing.  Even though a few fans will get upset, I think overall that most fans can be objective and will realize that it was not Nascar that caused him to lose.  It was a combination of things.

JJ and JG do have motivation and one of them could pull it off.  But with Jimmy winning 4 out of 5 and Jeff having problems lately, I think Jeff has a better chance to win it all.

KB has the luck with him this season and he just may have his best race yet as he has had problems in a few races.  He seems to be more focused.  And he does race smart.

As for Mark, I don't think it is in the cards for him.  JMO...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: