November 18, 2017, 02:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11th place??????  (Read 751 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 17, 2004, 03:54:42 PM »

Wasn't this new point system designed to reward the 11th place finisher?
 Has this been covered at all during the broadcasts? Has NBC shown us a "if 11th place in points were to end were now" graphic?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Vivian
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 06:15:01 PM »

No graphic for a couple of weeks.  I think everyone knows now that Jamie McMurray is a shoe in as he is over 190 points ahead of 12th.  They did mention that on Sunday and I think on subsequent shows later.  It was a weekly subject for a while when Harvick and Jarrett had a chance to overtake Jamie but faded toward the end.  When they showed Jamie a lot on Sunday they mentioned how he had come alive these last 10 races.  What bothers me is the fact that he would be something like 7th if they had not changed the point system.
BAM24/25
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 08:10:32 PM »

Exactly my point.  He got screwed with this new system.  HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT.

You can't beat what you can't catch!"

sally
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 10:45:23 PM »

AMEN TO THAT!  And the fans are screwed, having Kurt Busch forced down out throats a "champion" by way of being given a couple hundred points after Richmond!

Sally
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: