November 25, 2017, 02:58:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drivers MIA  (Read 926 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 15, 2004, 03:31:09 AM »

Good thing NBC has through the top 20 otherwise Jeff Green, Mike Bliss (again) and Sterling Marlin among others in the top 12 would not have been on tv. They say you if you want to be on tv you need do earn it. These guys did earned it, where were they?

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 01:20:30 PM »

I couldn't believe they never mentioned Elliott Sadler all day.  And he's actually one of the "annointed 10."  They didn't mention him or show him at all until the final rundown.

Cheryl
Vivian
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 06:33:14 PM »

There were some good top ten finishers who were never mentioned.  But then this is tv tradition only to talk of the most popular.  What I would like to know is why Jr was not sent to the back since he was in a back up car.  If it happens in first practice, does that mean no penalty?  Elliot S. and a lot of good drivers went laps down early and we never heard why.
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 06:38:23 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
What I would like to know is why Jr was not sent to the back since he was in a back up car.

My understanding of the 'rule' is that you do not have to go to the back if you race the same car you qualified with. If you wreck in practice before qualifying and then qualify with the backup car, then that is where you will start. If you wreck and bring out the backup AFTER qualifying, THEN you go to the back.

Even though there was no qualifying, technically the 8 car brought out the backup before qualifying and therefore did not have to start at the rear.

Lou

sally
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 10:31:11 PM »

Covering only the top 10 (or less) is almost as annoying as those stupid 'if the race ended now' drop downs starting at lap 10, and being used every time one of the chasers gains or loses a spot on the track.  Unless there's rain in the area, the race ain't gonna end now, and the stats are totally useless.  Rather than 'create excitement', they just chop up the coverage until you can't tell what is going on.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 11:53:56 PM »

Sally wrote:

Rather than 'create excitement', they just chop up the coverage until you can't tell what is going on.

I do agree with you there, Sally.  You know, after yesterday when I only watched the tape and could fast forward, that may be my trend in the future.  If I miss something I can always rewind and then just fast forward though the stuff I don't care to see or hear.  What a sad way to have to watch racing.  I might as well chop it up same as they do.   :roll:
sally
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 04:49:13 AM »

I think that's how I'm going to be seeing any races next year.  If I watch at all.

Sally
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 04:35:12 PM »

cheryl they did mention elliot sadler at least three times during the race.they talked about how much trouble he was having finishing races during the chase.i think this too place about 4.30 pm.
derbyit857
Wiley Veteran

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 10:16:14 PM »

I agree Ron..

I heard them say Sadler's name a few times and the struggles he was having.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: