November 20, 2017, 08:26:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some show on Speedvision, what a joke.  (Read 1104 times)
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« on: November 15, 2004, 03:27:24 AM »

Was flipping channels and saw this show in Speed TV with Gopher and Bubblehead. Man that broad has NO talent. I bet these punks have no idea who Davey Allison or Ned Jarret are. And the fans they interview. Nothing wrong with them but aren't these the folks the new Nascar wants no part of? Heaven forbid some new fan finds this show and sees these hick, redneck Nascar fans and their beat up school bus campers. I bet this image scares away new sponsors Cheesy  These are the fans that would have supported Redneckjunk.com. These are the diehard fans.
 Sorry about venting but I just could not get over the 2 untalented idiots who host this show, I'm not some geezer who does not understand youth. I just don't understand these 2 Bozos.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 04:21:15 AM »

Brian, I'm willing to bet that tese two idiots are the ones that will be hostin the 'Nascar Nation' show that Speed is going to use to replace Totally Nascar.  They lust after the younger demographic, and I'd guess this is the way they hope to get them watching.  Ick.  Just more of the wonderful world of 'racing entertainment' brought to you by Brian France...the Henry Higgins of racing.

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 05:25:41 PM »

I believe that you were watching Infield Hot Pass.  And I agree about how obnoxious the hosts are.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 06:57:26 PM »

I was at the pizza pit when that show came on and it was amazing that after about 5 minutes, everyone in the place was requesting a channel change.  What I saw of it was very integrity insulting.  I don't think I will ever again tune to it.  What has Nascar come to?  Bad, bad, bad.....
sally
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 10:26:11 PM »

Nascar is being re-invented by Brian France as ENTERTAINMENT.  Maybe all those years he spent in LA are to blame...he somehow felt inferior since his 'family business' was racing while he was out there with all those entertainment moguls?  Not glamorous enough.  That's why there are all these young punk celebrities at the tracks, wondering how they got roped into attending a  stock car race just so they can make it look cool.  Or punk TV 'hosts' in the infield.

Sally
Vivian
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 12:07:50 AM »

Sally, I did notice yesterday and all weekend they were calling it the "show" and even mentioned that was the way Nascar now wanted it.  I do think they would get more fans if they hired Larry McMahon to help them.  Now I am being facetious.   :twisted:

I think we need to start a new club.  Maybe come up with our own "Serenity" phrase.  Something that will include the remark: "Help me accept changes even though I don't agree with them."
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 01:42:36 AM »

Yes i,ve seen the show a few seconds of it anyway it,s a total joke.
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 01:45:01 AM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
Maybe come up with our own "Serenity" phrase."

How about  - "Lord, help me to remain calm and not throw anything through my bigscreen tv when they make me mad."

:shock:

Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 03:22:07 AM »

Quote from: "Lou"
Maybe come up with our own "Serenity" phrase."

How about  - "Lord, help me to remain calm and not throw anything through my bigscreen tv when they make me mad."

:shock:

Hey!  I resemble that remark!   :lol:  

Actually, I'm really becoming so apathetic about the whole thing that I barely even think about picking up my Bobby Labonte beanie baby and thowing it at the TV anymore...Okay, only once or twice during yesterday's race did the thought enter my mind...

:wink:

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 05:24:21 PM »

Sally, I did notice yesterday and all weekend they were calling it the "show" and even mentioned that was the way Nascar now wanted it.  I do think they would get more fans if they hired Larry McMahon to help them.  Now I am being facetious."

Actually, that's Vince McMahon, but you get the point.

Speaking of pro wrestling, I plan to put up a posting in General Chit Chat about how he ruined the "sport," as well as a few other things related to that.

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Vivian
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 06:42:09 PM »

Thanks, Desmond.  Don't know where my mind was.

Lou, that sounds good to me but all of us don't have big screens.  Sad
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

Thanks, Desmond.  Don't know where my mind was.

Lou, that sounds good to me but all of us don't have big screens.  Sad

It was much easier to do before we got the big screen.   :lol:   Then I think I threw the remote at the 27-inch all the time (especially when Fox started broadcasting the races in 2001).  Thankfully, I don't have much of an arm, so it didn't do any damage.  

Cheryl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: