November 20, 2017, 08:21:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about the truck race?  (Read 903 times)
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« on: November 13, 2004, 07:38:38 PM »

Did anyone else think tht them starting that race so late was stupid i did.

I had a feeling nascar would pull the plug right away.

Did anyone hear kyle petty,s comments about the race this weekend.

He said to him this race isn,t the southern 500.

He said the last southern 500 was last year the race where terry labonte won i agree.

Kyle went onto say this race to him is just another darlington race.

Kyle made those comments on the nascar show that fox sports televises.
sally
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 10:40:10 PM »

Calling a November race the Southern 500 is ludicrise(sp?)  This is Nascar's way of phasing Darlington out as Brian France 'reinvents' racing.  He pretends to 'honor tradition' while he buries it.  The drivers love the track...Nascar doesn't.  End of story, and end of the Southern 500.  Sitting in the stands in parkas and mittens?  Yeah, right.
Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 11:00:19 PM »

Quote from: "sally"
Calling a November race the Southern 500 is ludicrise(sp?)  This is Nascar's way of phasing Darlington out as Brian France 'reinvents' racing.  He pretends to 'honor tradition' while he buries it.  The drivers love the track...Nascar doesn't.  End of story, and end of the Southern 500.  Sitting in the stands in parkas and mittens?  Yeah, right.
Sally

Right on, my sister!

I haven't been a follower for too long, but even I know when the Southern 500 is supposed to be held.

And, yes, the weather is a factor.  I just watched the Busch Series race in which Martin Truex, Jr. clinched the season championship.  The grandstand was almost entirely empty.  So it was a Busch race.  That only means tomorrow won't be much better.

Also, the spelling is "ludicrous."  Just wanted to help you.

Bryan: At least the truck race will now start in the early evening, so it won't be the worst-case scenario for the fans.  Oh, and it's the last Darlington truck race too. Sad

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
sally
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2004, 04:17:17 AM »

Thanks for the spelling help, Desmond.  Guess the music group name got stuck in my head!

Sally
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 05:20:33 PM »

The attendance at yesterday's Southern 500 was good, and in fact may have been close to a sellout.  Then again, it was the last one... :cry:

Buddy Wayne Barefoot, unhappy with Baby Brian's handiwork, finds his true passion.Smiley
Lou
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 06:44:27 PM »

Quote from: "Bryan Blanton"
Did anyone hear kyle petty,s comments about the race this weekend.

He's also the one who, a few years ago, said they should fill the track with water and go fishing there instead of racing.

Lou

Vivian
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 06:52:57 PM »

At least the owners of Darlington will have a good tax write off for the lights installations even if they only get one more year of racing there.  Did anyone hear Jr say he would pay for repaving of the track if he could?  I guess the surface is just really bad.  Tires did play a big part in all 3 races.  I am so glad no one was hurt in any of the races.  Yet it did me good to see Daddy Hamilton bump his little offspring at the end of the truck race.  It was good to hear what Hornaday say what he did after the Busch race in response to Biffle's complaint.  And it was great to see both Jamie and Kasey finish well with old tires.  I am not bashing any driver here or wishing ill of them, just stating my opinion and feelings.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 07:20:23 PM »

Quote from: "Vivian"
I am so glad no one was hurt in any of the races.  Yet it did me good to see Daddy Hamilton bump his little offspring at the end of the truck race.  It was good to hear what Hornaday say what he did after the Busch race in response to Biffle's complaint.  And it was great to see both Jamie and Kasey finish well with old tires.  I am not bashing any driver here or wishing ill of them, just stating my opinion and feelings.  Hope I didn't offend anyone.

I laughed at first when Bobby took his son out in the truck race, but then he truly seemed upset in the post-race interviews, so I felt bad for him.  Bobby, Sr. is not one of my favorites, but I think he realized how putting a "wringer" in there to help him in the points could've actually injured his son.   I doubt that will stop these kinds of moves in the future, but I did think he was honestly upset when he muttered "It should have been me..."

Hated to see a whacker win the truck race though.  

Cheryl
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 01:11:18 AM »

That comment you made about kyle petty lou was funny. :lol:

What do you mean nobody was hurt at darlington this weekend i never heard speed say anything about what condition reutimann was in after hitting bobby jr.

Was he uninjured?

I remember thinking he hit him awfully hard.
Bryan Blanton
Legend

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 01:13:25 AM »

Why did nascar change the rules so that now even the truck series can end under yellow.

I thought that was a really dumb move.

Didn,t nascar change the rules in all their divisions last summer?
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 03:12:15 AM »

Yes, we used to have the ability to have numerous green/white/checkers in the truck series, but NA$CAR in its infinite wisdom decided to screw that up by limiting it at one to match what they started in Cup and Busch.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I like G/W/C cause that's what they have always done in short track series.

Cheryl
Desmond
All-Star

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 05:17:12 PM »

In fact, as late as July, the Gateway race near St. Louis had four attempts to finish under green/white/checker.

In contrast, last Saturday night, GWC did not really start because the crash of the Hamiltons occurred on the restart.

Vivian
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 06:43:54 PM »

Bryan, David is okay.  He was on Wind Tunnel last night.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: