November 23, 2017, 06:39:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Busch Race  (Read 752 times)
Vivian
« on: November 10, 2004, 02:13:39 AM »

Saturday was the usual whacker race.  All the attention was given to those cup drivers who ran.  We heard very little about the regulars.  No I didn't want this under tv talk, Cheryl.   :wink:

What I really want to talk about is the racing and the attitude of some of the drivers, namely Kyle.  How does he get away with not doing interviews after the races?  This is the 2nd time he has declined a post race interview.  Did anyone catch the crying insert on Wind Tunnel last night?  I thought it was very appropriate.  I just don't understand how they can let him get away with that attitude when he doesn't win.  I do not think he deserves to be a champion so I guess we have to listen to his crying for the next 2 races unless Martin Truex has complete failure.

With all the talk about the cup quals, I don't know why they don't implement some different rules for Busch.  They need assurance we will have future drivers who go to Cup or otherwise it will be the same old teams and drivers with no one new having a chance.  They should definitely limit the whacker numbers in the "show".  That is just my opinion.  I know everyone does not feel this way.  There could be some great up and coming drivers who will never get the chance and that is sad.
drpep (brian)
Curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 03:07:12 AM »

I loved the crying!! I had taped that show and dang near busted the rewind button on the VCR remote.

I tuned in to watch a Nationwide race and all I got was Danica.
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2004, 04:24:01 PM »

vivian i don't understand why you've complaining about kyle busch not doing an interview sat.he's still upset about the crash nbc is being senstive about the situation you should be too.
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2004, 05:05:19 PM »

Okay, I think everyone should calm down about this whole issue.  

I didn't see the race or whatever Vivian is talking about on Wind Tunnel.  But I doubt Busch was any more abrupt in his refusal to be interviewed than Tony Stewart is most of the time, and folks accept that.  Why not cut other drivers the same slack?  

I know everyone has their likes and dislikes among drivers, but please let's not let this get personal between our members, ok?

Thanks,
The Mean Mommie
Vivian
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2004, 10:19:25 PM »

Cheryl, I need to explain how I feel about the post race interviews.  What I understand is that the top 5 finishers are supposed to be available for post race interviews on tv if time permits.  I can't remember where but I do believe I heard that a couple of drivers got into trouble (Tony being one of them) for not being available.  They only told us that Kyle had declined an interview.  This was the second race he has done that when he was 2nd.  Then later on tv (I believe on Speed News), he very sullenly IMO, said something like "What am I supposed to say?  I finished 2nd.  Woohoo.."  This is not an exact quote and IMO this is not the way a champion should talk or behave.  On Wind Tunnel, when a caller mentioned it, in the background in the studio, someone was playing a baby crying.  So that is what I was talking about in my post.  

Ron, I can understand their disappointment and I am not insensitive but I also think they should be available if that is what they are supposed to do.  NBC did try to interview him according to Alan and he declined.

Cheryl, if I stepped over the line, I am sorry.  I will be more careful in the future.  Please don't beat me with that checkered flag!   :cry:
sally
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2004, 10:40:18 PM »

I saw the 'interview' and heard the comments on Wind Tunnel.  I'm sure that Kyle is disappointed not to be able to win a Busch race in Ricky's car for the Hendrick team.  However, being gracious in the face of adversity is something that the Hendrick teams have shown in spades over the past couple weeks.  It's a shame that Kyle let his disappointment overshadow that fine tradition.

Sally
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2004, 02:47:17 PM »

No, Vivian, you are fine.  My arm is too tired from "spanking" employees all day at work yesterday.   :lol:

Sally makes some good points too.  

Cheryl
ronbarnes77
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2004, 04:35:20 PM »

vivian i didn't know about that rule.if you are right then kyle was wrong also sally you are right too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: