November 23, 2017, 11:27:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenseth on Wind Tunnel  (Read 1648 times)
sally
« on: March 11, 2004, 02:29:24 AM »

I taped Wind Tunnel last night (Tuesday), and just got around to watching it.  Matt Kenseth was interesting.  When Despain asked if he had backed off his criticism of the new points system because Nascar told him to clam up, he talked around the question.  Then pointed out that he hadn't given a direct answer!  Gee, do you think we were right all along that the "enthusiasm" for the new system was an "or else" from Nascar?
     And, just for you, Cheryl, he also said Johnny Sauter called and apologised to him for the mistake he made, running into him.  Admitted he made the mistake.  Matt was fine with it.  Just had to add that!
Sally :wink:
Cheryl
Hall of Fame

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 02:41:20 AM »

Hey!  I'm with everybody else around here on Sauter! :roll:

Cheryl
maxcres
Sophmore

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 05:18:32 PM »

I've already stated that I am not a big fan of Jack Roush, but I have  grown to like Matt Kenseth.  I really respect his driving ability. If you look at Matt, he wouldn't appear to be what he is on the surface. However, when you watch him race his personality comes out. He, to me, is very much in the same vein as Jeff Gordon. When they give interviews they are catious in their demeanor. But witnessing their exploits on the race track say's everything that is neede to be said about their TRUE personalities.

PhilliP
old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 07:05:17 PM »

Max, I am a Roush fan and particularly a Matt K fan. What do you mean by Matt's "true Personality"?
Take care, Dick

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
maxcres
Sophmore

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 07:21:26 PM »

Well, before I answer your question, what do you mean when you wrote "take care dick"?.
Lou
Administrator
Living Legend

I wish my seat at the track was this close!

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 02:28:47 AM »

Quote from: "maxcres"
Well, before I answer your question, what do you mean when you wrote "take care dick"?.

As a concerned member here, I sure hope that the two of you (Maxacres and Old Hot Rodder) will take a second to re-read the posts slowly and carefully. We don't need any fueds caused by a silly mis-reading of a forum post.

Max - you missed the COMMA in Dick's question to you. If you had seen the COMMA, you would not have jumped to the conclusion that he was calling you a "dick". Dick is probably his real name and he was simply signing the message. You know like the old days when people actually used real names instead of "handles". Or at least I HOPE that is what Old Hot Rodder meant... :evil:

Dick, or Old Hot Rodder - I can't speak for exactly what Max was saying when he talked about Matt's "true personality", but my reading on what he wrote was he thought that Matt had a "more outgoing or aggressive" personality when strapped into a racecar. I didn't read anything negative in what he wrote, but only Max can really answer that question.

Now - the two of you kiss and make up or I'll sentence you to watching reruns of Fox race broadcasts for 72 straight hours.  :?

Lou

old hot rodder
All-Star

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 05:31:24 PM »

Dear Max and Lou:
     My Name is richard, but I go by Dick
     Take care was meant as a friendly closing
      I was hoping that Max meant exactly what Lou says he did, and I was just inquiring to confirm.
      Even 7 hours of watching FOX reruns would be cruel and unusual punishment!

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does"
William James
Vivian
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 12:04:23 AM »

Lou, I read that and almost responded the way you did but decided not to so am glad you did.  I took it with the same meaning you did as I often end my emails that way (as do a lot of other people) so glad it got straightened out.  Now, take care, y'all!  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: